• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *SOLD* FS: McGizmo LunaSol 20 - $625

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
*SOLD*

For sale is my first-run LunaSol 20. This light can not use rechargeable R123 Li-ion cells, only CR123A lithium primaries. The light is in very good to excellent condition. There isn't a dent or gouge to be found anywhere--your fingers won't be able to tell the difference between this light and a mint LS20. Well, OK, they could--this one is smoother in many places than it was when new. Point is that I never dropped this light onto tar or concrete or stone. Not once. I did however, EDC this light almost every day for nearly four years. And I did use the light. So it has many, many very fine scratches all over it. If you wanted to, you could polish these out, of course, but I think they all add up to a really nice patina. I went to a lot of trouble with the pictures below--used my dSLR and a tripod and a prime lens--and they accurately portray the cosmetic condition of the light. So if you like what you see below, you will like what you see in person. In addition, this light has a nice smooth action on both the piston and the head.

I just recently disassembled and meticulously cleaned and re-lubed this light and installed new silicon o-rings (exact same as it came with) on the piston and head. I also just installed a brand new clip, as well, as you might notice in the pictures below. The old one was worn down and scratched, and, well, did not have that nice "patina" thing going on. If you prefer the newer style McGizmo clip, with the 1/4-20 threaded hole in it, I can put that on in place of the older style for an extra $5. Or you can get both clips for an extra $20. Also included in this sale are extra o-rings for the piston and the head (but not the lens), as well as a "Lee" spring in case you want to lessen the activation force (I don't recommend it, FWIW). There is the usual green tritium vial in the piston. This light has not been modded or messed with in any way, and is still exactly the way I received it from Don. Oh, actually, Don found that the lens he initially used was slightly too small in diameter, and so he sent all of us first-run LS20 owners larger diameter lenses to install, which I did.

I am asking $625 + $15 shipping, delivery confirmation, and full insurance to anywhere in the USA. I am fine selling to overseas buyers, but you will need to pay the actual cost of whatever shipping method and insurance you want. And I will not say that this item is a "gift" on the customs forms.

The first person to post "I'll take it" in this thread gets it. I accept only PayPal, but the funding source on your end doesn't matter (i.e. credit card or non-credit card, doesn't matter). Post or PM with questions if you have them. OK. Here are the pics: (you will notice a fingerprint showing on the first and fourth of them and that I failed to get a little fuzz or lint out from underneath the clip, seen on the last--sorry, but I'm not going to redo all the pics just to get rid of them!). Thanks for looking!

images removed

*SOLD*

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Re: FS: McGizmo LunaSol 20 - $675

(Deep Darth Vader voice...) " I sense a great disturbance in The Force..." :) js selling his LS20? Say it ain't so!

nbp

Flashaholic
Re: FS: McGizmo LunaSol 20 - $675

Arrrrggh, I want this one! It's practically famous! :wow:

Must...not...spend...more...money....

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: McGizmo LunaSol 20 - $625

Wisdom,

Your private messages are turned OFF. Either that or you're not allowed to receive them for some reason? Please turn them on if you can and I'll send you my paypal info. I'd rather not post that if I don't have to.

Or if you post your email address, I can email you the info.

Wisdom

Newly Enlightened

Hi, JS..

PM Sent

Best regards,
-\Visdom

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic

I think if Wisdom posts once more (such as in this thread), he should be able to send/receive PMs (allowed after 3 approved posts for new members?) ....

Amazing first purchase, BTW - :welcome:

Wisdom

Newly Enlightened

Thanks, Archimedes..

My third post is still awaiting moderator approval. I've been a lurker forever and the LS-20 (as well as Toby's Tritium Bead Bombs) deserve the credit for bringing me into the forum.

Best regards..
-\Visdom

muttsnutts

Newly Enlightened

I've been a lurker forever and the LS-20 (as well as Toby's Tritium Bead Bombs) deserve the credit for bringing me into the forum.
Join date of Dec 2008, you went 3.5 years without saying a word! Your vow of silence has earned you a great flashlight from a great seller. Congrats all around! :party:

Wisdom

Newly Enlightened

Just got back from Singapore.. The trip was almost 24 hours with a 2 year old and 1 month old in tow and as tired as my wife and I were from the trip, I went straight for the package with the LS20.. amazing light. As you guys on CPF already know.. JS is awesome! Thanks!
-\Visdom

fyrstormer

Banned

Wow, that price is like $175 less than other people have been asking for their Lunasols lately. Glad to see some people are still reasonable about pricing.

fyrstormer

Banned

It's all relative. If one pays $800 for an LS20 they have every reason to request $800 if selling it.
Sure, but it's the first person in the ownership chain who asked for the $800 who started the problem. I wouldn't complain if that sort of thing didn't result in other people deciding to ask just as much for their lights as well. Free market principles aside, it just makes it harder for anyone else to afford them later on. So it's nice to see this one selling for less than 2x the original sale price.

Sure, but it's the first person in the ownership chain who asked for the $800 who started the problem. I wouldn't complain if that sort of thing didn't result in other people deciding to ask just as much for their lights as well. Free market principles aside, it just makes it harder for anyone else to afford them later on. So it's nice to see this one selling for less than 2x the original sale price.
Welcome to free market economics! :)

Latest posts