• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD OUT: 2nd run - Piccolo Ti - Nichia 219 twisty AAA with trit and glow

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SOLD OUT - Piccolo Ti - Nichia 219 twisty AAA with trit and glow

Nice lights! Wish I had known. :)

Tain

Enlightened

USA folks, your packages should take 7~14 days, depending on your locations. For some reason packages are processed longer in LA, than in NYC or Chicago.

Sligt, I hope your light gets delivered soon. 4 days is insane, the postman can travel to KL on foot, already.

Thank you guys for the great comments. Those mean a lot to me. Piccolo Ti is my first official sale on CPF. I spent a lot time planning this project. Prototypes were built again and again to improve Piccolo in every aspect.

For those who missed out Piccolo Ti, I will consider do a 2nd run if we can generate enough interests.

bobjane

Enlightened

I'll take one if there's a 2nd run.

L -> H would be great but not a deal breaker.

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

any idea if you will make the new version to take rechargeable lithium battery?

OneBigDay

Enlightened

I would be in for one if there is a second run. Very nice looking light.

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast

If there is a Piccolo Ti 2nd run, it will be same as the original version, or it won't be "Piccolo Ti" :)

This run is way better than I ever thought. If starting on low instead high is "easy" to mod it would be great, but not a big deal anyway.

easilyled

Flashaholic

Thank you guys for the great comments. Those mean a lot to me. Piccolo Ti is my first official sale on CPF. I spent a lot time planning this project. Prototypes were built again and again to improve Piccolo in every aspect.

For those who missed out Piccolo Ti, I will consider do a 2nd run if we can generate enough interests.

It is strikingly apparent to me that you took a lot of time and trouble over perfecting this run.
The machining is superb and the threads ultra-smooth (as has already been mentioned).
These lights are like little jewels.
Consider me in for two more lights to add to my existing two, if you do another run!!

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic

I prefer lower than 10 lumens.

I know it says 10 lumens in the specs, but I think that in reality "low" is more like about 2 lumens,
judging by my own 2 Piccolos.

gunga

Flashaholic
SOLD OUT - Piccolo Ti - Nichia 219 twisty AAA with trit and glow

Oh yeah? Now that you mention it, I was choosing haiku levels recently. I think 20mA should yield around 3-4 lumens.

Okay, that's plenty low. Darn. Should have gotten in on this run!

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast

I know it says 10 lumens in the specs, but I think that in reality "low" is more like about 2 lumens,
judging by my own 2 Piccolos.

You are absolutely right. The low mode is even lower than the DQG III so I agree your estimation around 2-3 lumens

ErichM

Newly Enlightened

Interested in at least one or two if there is a second run.

Last edited:

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast

any idea if you will make the new version to take rechargeable lithium battery?

It already works great with rechargeable Ni-MH, alkaline and lithium. I doubt a Li-Ion battery reports any advantage to its general performance and to the contrary, to get a new driver and components will mean additional issues.

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Have you seen this... :

I'm replying directly under that post so I have seen it...making it to take a lithium rechargeable is not the same as making them in different modes or with different UI or different machining etc...just sayin

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

You are absolutely right. The low mode is even lower than the DQG III so I agree your estimation around 2-3 lumens

It finally arrives...and goes straight to take over as the bed side duty light replacing my Mako. :thumbsup: It has a real nice machining just like I expect seeing Tain's previous creation, the Tain Ti Hyperlux, which sadly I do not own!