• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD OUT: Flute Ti - Nichia 219 twisty AA with 3D trit and glow

franzdom

Enlightened
Re: Flute Ti - Nichia 219 twisty AA with 3D trit and glow

I have yet to see a Tain in person and have 3 Flutes and a Thud on the way, can't wait!

This thread is definitely helping me with the wait :clap:

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have yet to see a Tain in person and have 3 Flutes and a Thud on the way, can't wait!

This thread is definitely helping me with the wait :clap:
Boy, are you gonna have fun when that package arrives! :)

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm putting my lights to good use...experimenting with light painting and trying to get sone nice effects

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm putting my lights to good use...experimenting with light painting and trying to get sone nice effects

Nice! I'd love to see some of the pictures you get. :)

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice! I'd love to see some of the pictures you get. :)

The pic I post up earlier is my first try with this technique...getting myself several glass of different colors and slowly trying out and improve on my photo taking skill. Your pics inspired me to try harder :D

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast

The pic I post up earlier is my first try with this technique...getting myself several glass of different colors and slowly trying out and improve on my photo taking skill. Your pics inspired me to try harder :D

That sounds great. I've also been thinking about using different glass colors, but I hadn't figured out exactly what I would want to do. I look forward to seeing more pictures from you. We can inspire each other! :)

easilyled

Flashaholic

That sounds great. I've also been thinking about using different glass colors, but I hadn't figured out exactly what I would want to do. I look forward to seeing more pictures from you. We can inspire each other! :)

I think Mirror glass would somtimes be nice for tritium shots - obviously not too often though. ;-)

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think Mirror glass would somtimes be nice for tritium shots - obviously not too often though. ;-)
That's an interesting idea Daniel! I might just buy a small mirror for that purpose. :)

I have a feeling though that that it might actually be more reflective than desirable, but there's only one way to find out. ;)

easilyled

Flashaholic

That's an interesting idea Daniel! I might just buy a small mirror for that purpose. :)

I have a feeling though that that it might actually be more reflective than desirable, but there's only one way to find out. ;)

I was also thinking that it is probably OTT most of the time Dave, but there may be occasions in which it can enhance a shot, perhaps then the reflection reveals tritiums that are underneath or hidden.

Also, with a very small depth of field, the effect might be quite nice, if its possible to have the object in sharp focus and its reflection, less so.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast

Also, with a very small depth of field, the effect might be quite nice, if its possible to have the object in sharp focus and its reflection, less so.
We're getting a bit off topic of this thread, so I won't say any more after this. Your comment did, however, remind me of this picture I took. It gives a good example of what you suggested! :)

mr.snakeman

Enlightened

Received my 7 trit light just a few minutes ago. Was notified on the 15th that it was on its way and here in my hands on the 20th. Fast! The same immaculate workmanship as always. I just wish I had a camera and the photo skills to be able to show you all my ti collection (over 50 and growing). I hope I can find a clip the will match the lanyard holes so I can EDC this light. If anyone has any idea, please let me know.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Flute Ti - Nichia 219 twisty AA with 3D trit and glow

My wife was home all day, but left for 20 min to go get our daughter from school. Door tag!! :green:

I will pick it up in the am.

grayhighh

Enlightened

_JWK9688-L.jpg

_JWK9759-L.jpg

Last edited:

franzdom

Enlightened

Cary, that is Wicked Sick!!!

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great pictures Cary, and I really like the variety of trit color schemes! :thumbsup:

Vernon

Enlightened

Anyone experiencing flickering on low? I'm not seeing any at all on high, but there's very consistent flickering on the low setting. I'm using fresh Eneloops.

Thoughts?

Update: must have been my batteries.Recharged them and everything is perfect. Whohooo.

Last edited:

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast

^ Twist a little bit more - does it still flicker? There is enough space between L and H so you can twist a bit more and be in the "middle" of L.