• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD OUT: Ottavino Ti AAA - XPG2, Twisty

SK1044

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: Ottavino Ti AAA - XPG2, Twisty

Ottavino Ti 10280 #17 arrived safely today.
What an incredible amount of light from such a small package!
Thanks Tain for another beautiful light.

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast

Received my very first Tain light and very impress with the workmanship. The 'floating' trit installed is a very nice touch.
Operation is smooth and plenty bright for a small light.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ottavino Ti 10280 #8 arrived today. Beautiful light and very bright. Thank you and I'm ready for my next Tain masterpiece.

Last edited:

JasonH

Enlightened

Im in NJ and I just checked and got this Processed Through Sort Facility In NY on the 1st. Should be here soon hopefully tomorrow.

Guess I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up as it hasn't moved since then. Congrats to the lucky others who already received their 10280s.

Tain

Enlightened

Thank you guys for the compliments. All lights are sold out, thank you CPF. All remaining lights will go out by the end of this week.

Please install the battery with positive end toward the tail, and negative end toward the emitter.

Last edited:

Z-Tab

Enlightened

Congrats on the run! My 10280 arrived today. It is an incredible piece of work and I just need to figure out how I'm going to carry it.

Looking forward to your next creation!

OtisCampbell

Enlightened

#18 arrived safe and sound.. I really like the USB charger for the 10280's.. I wonder what the charge rate is and whether it's a CC/CV charger, though?

A.D.D.i.c.t.

Newly Enlightened
I'm curious about the charger as well. I can't find them anywhere online. Any info on the charger itself?

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Please install the battery with positive end toward the tail, and negative end toward the emitter.
Thanks for the reminder. Are the lights reverse polarity protected just in case?

Ore

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the reminder. Are the lights reverse polarity protected just in case?
No they are not.
I damaged my driver, when I frist installed the battery reverse... :banghead:
Came home tired but exited to try out my new light, inserted the battery and in the moment I closed the circuit it came to my mind that the polarity matters - too late. The light still worked when installing the battery in the right way, but it heated up quite fast when it was off.
It's now on the way back to Tain, as always a pleasure to deal with him even in such unpleasant situations.
Such a nice light and now I have to wait some more until I can enjoy it in it's full beauty.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Yitsan,
Received my Ottavino Ti 10280 a couple of days back. Amazing workmanship and it joins my Zenith Ti in my EDC rotation. Already set aside funds for your next creation. :D

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Yitsan,
Received my Ottavino Ti 10280 a couple of days back. Amazing workmanship and it joins my Zenith Ti in my EDC rotation. Already set aside funds for your next creation. :D
This highlights a "problem" of mine. I now have three or four Tain lights that are great for EDC. Sometimes it's difficult to decide which one I want to carry for the day. ;)

I suppose I could solve the problem by carrying a different Tain light in each front and back pocket. :devil:

YummyBacon!

Enlightened
I just got my 10280 which joins the AAA. All I can say is WOW! This little guy really pumps out the light
on high. Just want to thank Yitsan for both the great lights AND ease of dealing with him! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
Accidentally inserted the AAA battery in reverse but luckily nothing happened. Had no idea that these lights are not reverse polarity protected but had no problem with mine.

YummyBacon!

Enlightened
I am very curious as to runtimes for my Ottavino 10280, especially on high mode. I can't
imagine it would be long but knowing what to expect would be useful. I did a search but came
with nothing so please forgive if I somehow missed this info.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am very curious as to runtimes for my Ottavino 10280, especially on high mode. I can't
imagine it would be long but knowing what to expect would be useful. I did a search but came
with nothing so please forgive if I somehow missed this info.

Hi YummyBacon!
Well, the Ottavino Ti 10280 drains 400mA on high and the 10280 cells are unmarked. I would hazard a guess that heat damage to the emitter becomes an issue way before the batteries give out because the flashlight will not be able to dissipate heat well due to its size. I would say it is probably safe not to run it on high for more than 15s or until it gets too hot to hold. Maybe Yitsan can advise on this?

YummyBacon!

Enlightened
Hi Jonathan, I ran it more than 15 seconds keeping an eye on temps & I was surprised it did not seem much
different than the AAA version running on a fresh eneloop. Still, rather than continue I thought I'd ask.
I did send Yitsan an email.

On a side note, I noted the charger did a good job & measured between 4.2 & 4.22 V on 3 different cells
after charging is complete. All in all, a nifty little jewel of a light. Very pleased with it so far.

Hi YummyBacon!
Well, the Ottavino Ti 10280 drains 400mA on high and the 10280 cells are unmarked. I would hazard a guess that heat damage to the emitter becomes an issue way before the batteries give out because the flashlight will not be able to dissipate heat well due to its size. I would say it is probably safe not to run it on high for more than 15s or until it gets too hot to hold. Maybe Yitsan can advise on this?