• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sold Out: Ottavino Ti V2 AAA twisty with trit & glow.

fyrstormer

Banned
Re: FS: Ottavino Ti V2 AAA twisty with trit & glow.

How many lights are left? I just want to have some idea how long I can think about buying a second light if I like the first one.

One more question about the light itself: Is the light engine removable, in case I ever want to upgrade the LED in the future? I trust you when you say the LED is very nice, but someday there will be better LEDs available.

A.D.D.i.c.t.

Newly Enlightened

Can you tell me the kelvin rating by chance? 5000k or 4000k? Thank you

59ride

Enlightened

Payment Sent[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] (Unique Transaction ID 7M253456XS866480F) for 1 Ottavino V2, blue glow and ice blue trit…cheers[/FONT]

Tain

Enlightened

How many lights are left? I just want to have some idea how long I can think about buying a second light if I like the first one.

One more question about the light itself: Is the light engine removable, in case I ever want to upgrade the LED in the future? I trust you when you say the LED is very nice, but someday there will be better LEDs available.

1. As of now, there are 40 light left.
2. Yes, the light engine is removable.

Can you tell me the kelvin rating by chance? 5000k or 4000k? Thank you

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID 7M253456XS866480F) for 1 Ottavino V2, blue glow and ice blue trit…cheers

Payment received and confirmed, thank you.

Shifty007

Newly Enlightened

Tain I'm sorry but I don't have access atm to a desktop and I cannot see your PP I.fo or pics on my mobile they are showing as a ? Please email me at [email protected] with PP info and pics I don't wanna miss out thanks. Sorry for cluttering I don't normally.

fyrstormer

Banned

4500K is a good tint. I was concerned it would be closer to 3000K.

Any possibility of a future BeCu run?

Last edited:

greg c

Newly Enlightened

1. The reflector produce good beam with 219, but I only have few 219 emitter left from previous runs.
2. It's a soft-off. Minimum amount of power is drawing when its off.

I'm don't think my AAA lights (4sevens preon revo, maratac aaa, muyshondt mako) have a "soft off", although I could be wrong. Although I want an Ottavino the concept of a driver using current while off bothers me a bit.

Do you have an idea of how long it would take your Ottavino driver to drain an alkaline AAA while off?

Greg

fyrstormer

Banned

It probably draws a couple microamps, so it should last several months. However, I recommend using Energizer Lithium AAAs, not alkalines -- alkaline batteries' discharge curve is unsuited for flashlight use, and the voltage slumps quickly when any appreciable load is put on them (and it doesn't take much load to do this to a little AAA battery), and alkalines will always leak if you ignore them for too long. Lithium-iron-oxide batteries like Energizer Lithium AAAs can be stored for years with no power loss, and the discharge curve is almost completely flat, with just a single drop-off right at the end of the battery's life.

greg c

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the reply fyrstormer- I use eneloops in my aaa lights but in all other capacities I've been using alkalines for the majority of my life so I have a better "feel" on what it takes to run them down.

What is the purpose of a "soft" off?

fyrstormer

Banned

If this light had electronic last-mode memory, the soft-off would keep the memory refreshed without having to use more-expensive "flash" memory. But in this light, it doesn't serve any obvious purpose, it's just how the light was designed. Since it serves no obvious purpose, it's safe to assume the power consumption is extremely low -- all it's doing is waiting for the negative electrode spring to lose contact with one of the contacts on the circuit board, and then the light will turn on.

fyrstormer

Banned

Tain, will we receive shipment notifications, or is it safe to assume the lights ship when the payments are verified?

A.D.D.i.c.t.

Newly Enlightened

PayPal notified me when my light was shipped. The wait begins...

gunga

Flashaholic

Thanks guys! Arrived yesterday. Great little light.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

ZzmadzZ

Newly Enlightened

Im so excited!! Can't wait for mine to be here!! Being waiting like forever to get one of these ottavino!!!!

Glofindel

Newly Enlightened

got shipment notification yesterday. Can't wait to get mine.

Double Barrel

Enlightened
FS: Ottavino Ti V2 AAA twisty with trit & glow.

I'm always the last to get lights so it pleases me that I'm not last here.

Awesome Gunga! How do you like it? How about the tint? I'm still waiting for mine. Hopefully soon.

SFfanman

Enlightened

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 0C231933LX6367124) :santa: