• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sold Out: Ottavino Ti V2 AAA twisty with trit & glow.

kitman22

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: Ottavino Ti V2 AAA twisty with trit & glow.

Ottavino arrived to me in the UK yesterday.
Wonderful piece as expected from Tain, love the tint and beam.
I have a Piccolo and this makes a great combination, with one
on my work keys and the other on my house/car keys.
Thanks also for the extra little goodies, very nice touch.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well.....where are all the photos of these really cool lights with colored trits? Come on now. :anyone::lolsign:

porter1968

Newly Enlightened

Received my light today. Great EDC light.
Thanks Tain!

philodemus

Newly Enlightened

Well.....where are all the photos of these really cool lights with colored trits? Come on now. :anyone::lolsign:
Does this help? :twothumbs

Ottavio_01.jpg

Thanks Tain! This little light is awesome.

neco

Enlightened

Payment sent for one Ottavino Ti V2:
- Yellow Trit
- Blue Glow

Thanks!

easilyled

Flashaholic

@ yoyoman, thanks for the pics showing the difference in size between the v1s and v2s. Which do you prefer?

I have 2 v1s (yellow and green trits) and although they're slightly larger, I like the fact that the diameter of the tritiums are bigger as it makes them ultra-bright.

Double Barrel

Enlightened

Nice pics guys! Got mine today!!!! No pics yet. It's a beauty! Another piece of flashlight art from Tain.

***Question for Tain or someone that can answer with certainty. What is the pocket clip made of?

editedby

Newly Enlightened

Received my light today, ordered on this thread 10.15.
How do you guys get those trits to look so bright in the photos, don't have experience, but was expecting brighter, maybe I drew the short straw of the tritium lottery.
Pretty little light, nice and bright, might be my most attractive small light. Nice build and detailing commensurate with the price. I look forward to purchasing a larger piece.
Odd (or should I say special) UI loosen to brighten, and the uncommon loading of the battery + to tail, threw me off.

Double Barrel

Enlightened

Received my light today, ordered on this thread 10.15.
How do you guys get those trits to look so bright in the photos, don't have experience, but was expecting brighter, maybe I drew the short straw of the tritium lottery.
Pretty little light, nice and bright, might be my most attractive small light I own. Nice build and detailing commensurate with the price. I look forward to purchasing a larger piece.
Odd (or should I say special) UI loosen to brighten, and the uncommon loading of the battery + to tail, threw me off.

That happens, some trits are just brighter than others. Better luck next time.

Just pulling your chain. They use a longer exposure time to exaggerate the brightness of the glow. Your Trit is ok. I think a lot of guys get a little shock if they don't know that with their first one. Congrats on the Tain. They are masterpieces.

editedby

Newly Enlightened

I recall hearing that they lose brightness with age, if that's the case I'll be cherishing my faint glow while I can lol.

neco

Enlightened

I recall hearing that they lose brightness with age, if that's the case I'll be cherishing my faint glow while I can lol.

You are correct, the approximate half-life of tritium is 12 years so 12 years from now the brightness should be approximately half of what you see now. In regards to the dimness you described it may have something to do with the color you selected which is blue based on what I was able to see from your previous post. Due to the eye's difference in sensitivity to different colors some may appear brighter than others. Please see attached for a reference to the tritium colors and their perceived brightness levels.

brightness.jpg

easilyled

Flashaholic

Actually, if you wanted a bright trit, then unfortunately by selecting blue, you did indeed draw the short straw in terms of perceived brightness because blue and purple are the dimmest tritiums.

Green is by far the brightest.

You can see this in the chart neco shows in post #112

easilyled

Flashaholic

You are correct, the approximate half-life of tritium is 12 years so 12 years from now the brightness should be approximately half of what you see now. In regards to the dimness you described it may have something to do with the color you selected which is blue based on what I was able to see from your previous post. Due to the eye's difference in sensitivity to different colors some may appear brighter than others. Please see attached for a reference to the tritium colors and their perceived brightness levels.

brightness.jpg

Neco, I saw that chart years ago in the market place and it always stuck with me.

Everything in it is according to how my eyes perceive my different colored tritiums with the exception of ice-blue. My ice-blue tritiums (and I have many of them in many lights) look nowhere near as bright as my orange or red tritiums which are rated below ice-blue in the chart.

In terms of how my eyes perceive trit brightness, I'd place the order as follows:-

Green, Yellow, Orange and Red equally, Pink, Ice-blue, Blue, Purple.

I don't have any White tritiums so can't comment on them.

Last edited:

neco

Enlightened

Neco, I saw that chart years ago in the market place and it always stuck with me.

Everything in it is according to how my eyes perceive my different colored tritiums with the exception of ice-blue. My ice-blue tritiums (and I have many of them in many lights) look nowhere near as bright as my orange or red tritiums which are rated below ice-blue in the chart.

Interesting perception. I have green, ice blue, yellow, purple and orange tritium vials. Of them all the purple is by far the dimmest.
They all follow the chart to my eyes as described but the ice blue is actually pretty bright for me. I don't have a red one myself but I would say the ice blue is brighter than the orange for sure in my eyes.
Green is a monster in terms of brightness but I found myself getting bored with it over time thus my choice of yellow for the tritium choice on my light order. Some time later I'd like to give white a try.

editedby

Newly Enlightened

DB, Neco, and Easilyled thank you all for furthering my enlightenment :) much appreciated.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Excellent photos! The light is absolutely a piece of art. Thank you and keep them coming please. :thumbsup:

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast

@easilyled, The reduction in length between the V1 and V2 is slight (2MM?) and mainly in the head. Both have nice tints and good, floody beams. I haven't used the lights enough to determine which one I prefer.

Green trits are slightly brighter than other colors. Most of my trits are green ones. But for some reason, I like blue trits in my Tains. Also, the thicker trits in the V1 are slightly brighter than the thinner ones in the V2. Very slightly...and the V2 trits are still useful.

Edit: Don't mean to derail the thread, but as stated above, taking pictures with a long exposure time and a little light painting makes the trits really stand out. First a long exposure and then a long exposure with some light painting. Also, when you wake up in the middle of the night, they all seem very bright.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic

@easilyled, The reduction in length between the V1 and V2 is slight (2MM?) and mainly in the head. Both have nice tints and good, floody beams. I haven't used the lights enough to determine which one I prefer.

Green trits are slightly brighter than other colors. Most of my trits are green ones. But for some reason, I like blue trits in my Tains. Also, the thicker trits in the V1 are slightly brighter than the thinner ones in the V2. Very slightly...and the V2 trits are still useful.

Edit: Don't mean to derail the thread, but as stated above, taking pictures with a long exposure time and a little light painting makes the trits really stand out. First a long exposure and then a long exposure with some light painting. Also, when you wake up in the middle of the night, they all seem very bright.

Your photos make the difference in size appear more than 2mm but that is no doubt due to the foreshortening effect, since the V2 appears to be slightly closer to the camera in the pictures. Thanks for the comparison in pictures and words. Its nice that both versions have their merits so that the older version is not perceived as having been rendered "obsolete" by a new and improved version!

You obviously like your trits judging by the photos! Those large green ones must be terrifically bright at night. :)

Last edited: