• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD OUT - VIP BulkHeads

Monolith

Enlightened
Re: VIP BULKHEAD PRE-ORDER NOW UP...

PP sent for 1 in black. Thanks.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
6-16-04 UPDATE:

I have stopped accepting prepayments for this item as I am now officially SOLD OUT. Any subsequent payments for the BulkHead after 6-16-04/1:23 a.m. HST will be refunded.

Thank You for your kind support!

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
And you thought you'd have trouble selling them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks again for all your hard work (and patience) on the VIP project!

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey charlie,

above, on 6/13/04, you said:
"...We are at ~140 BHs spoken for with ~60 or so left...."

three days later you were sold out, after only 13 more folks posted a notice above that they wanted them.

how could you have sold out so quickly?

no problem for me mind you, i was one of the lucky 13, i was just wondering...

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I must have missed the post linking here - was looking in the hommade/mod forum for the sale announcement...

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Monolith said:
PP sent for 1 in black. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phew, you just made it Mono. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Alan_L

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
coyote said:
hey charlie,

three days later you were sold out, after only 13 more folks posted a notice above that they wanted them.

no problem for me mind you, i was one of the lucky 13, i was just wondering...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think everyone who pre-ordered replied to this post saying that they had done so....

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Coyote said:

[ QUOTE ]
hey charlie,

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I do appreciate people questioning this because it gives me a chance to reiterate my assertion - that there are about TEN TIMES the number of people lurking here as there are registered users, and every time I sell stuff I get e-mails and Paypals from people who I have never encountered here. Many even begin their messages with, "Although I am not a member, I have seen on CPF that...", etc.

In addition, according to DarkGear we are getting several thousand hits a month on the ol' MR Bulk Website as well.

Why in the world would I want to hang onto an extra 60 BulkHeads anyway? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because I still needed one and just got my VIP Monday, Charlie!

I at least wanted a chance to play with it before I decided that I needed another accessory, and from your post above,
"Thanks for the tremendous response.

We are at ~140 BHs spoken for with ~60 or so left.

And the rate of preorders after the first day is now slowing considerably; Toldja there'd be enough...

Thanks again."

I reasoned that you would still have some once I had had the chance to do so.

I realize that you need to post and sell when you have the opportunity, but this leaves out quite a few people who have not yet received or have just barely received their lights.

While all of us are willing to take your word on the light itself, some of us hoped that it would do what we wanted or needed without the extra reflector, but I find that for most of my uses, it still needs a little more throw and brightness.

Unfortunately, not having the time to really evaluate that before the BH's sold out created a problem.

Oh well, he who refuses to jump sometimes loses the opportunity to do so, but he never drowns.

I'm disapponted, but life is full of disappointments!

Hope that everyone who bought one actually owns a VIP.

Bill

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Bill,

Two words:

Inventory Management

Those who've had to ride herd on a supply of items where demand eventually exceeded that supply will know what I mean. See my e-mail/PM...

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
I really like the beam of the stock VIP with Chop's reflector. I did order the Bulkhead accessory, but if it ends up giving me a tiny hotspot that is very similar to the 917 PR, I will likely sell it and go back to the stock head.

I really do like the 917 PR, but I already have a couple [or more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif]. The stock VIP with reflector provides a larger hotspot that I find is not redundant to the 917 PR.

So if you missed out, there might be one or more on the B/S/T forum in a few weeks.

sslavers

Newly Enlightened
RATS!!! i was hoping to get one of these gems!!! i just got my vip in the mail today, and came right here to order the bulkhead, once again, a day late and a dollar short! oh well, what are the chances of more bulkheads being made? thanks again charlie for an awsome light!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
look in the b/s/t and one will eventuallh pop up. I bought a couple but haven't received mine yet, but I also have two VIP's one silver one black.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Also I just MAY have an extra silver one -- I just now realized the standard BH will NOT fit the original original hand-machined proto of mine correctly, so I may sell it and simply keep the original original prototype they way it originally originally came...was this an original enough post? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

For those who intend to carry their VIPs with the BulkHead installed, the dimensions of the BH itself are 1-1/4" in diameter by 1-21/32" high and approximately ~1-3/16" to where the chamfer begins (see picture) and when installed the VIP grows to 4-9/16", thereby adding 7/16" to the overall length:

BH%20Line.jpg

Hope this helps.

HandMeLite

Newly Enlightened

Back from a week out of town and as I was afraid of, I am out of luck! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif
Jim

daloosh

Flashaholic*,

Jim, as Keith says, I'm sure some people will not like the beam and sell theirs on B/S/T, we've already seen a couple of VIPs come up, I think. Yeah, I seem to remember Charlie cutting off Colin...

daloosh

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
HandMeLite said:
Back from a week out of town and as I was afraid of, I am out of luck! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif
Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

Jim I still recall your note to me about likely being out of town around the time they might go up for sale, so please e-me as I believe I do have one set aside for you...