• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Solid Copper Mule D26 / P60 Mules in XML2 / XPG2 / Nichia 219

jorgen

Enlightened
Still available? I'm interested in a the Nichia 219 triple, 4 levels, and a Solarforce L2D host.

Sportapicks

Newly Enlightened
so i have read this thread and im still not sure what i want .Im looking for the brightest light I can run off an 18650 in my 6p
.Will a triple XPG 2 be brighter then one XML2 ? if its only a few lumins that cost 2/3 of your run time is it worth it ? what are the ball park run times ?
thanks,Andrew.

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
so i have read this thread and im still not sure what i want .Im looking for the brightest light I can run off an 18650 in my 6p
.Will a triple XPG 2 be brighter then one XML2 ? if its only a few lumins that cost 2/3 of your run time is it worth it ? what are the ball park run times ?
thanks,Andrew.

Funny, I was just in the same position. I wanted the bightest P60 module I could get, with the ability to run it on low or medium when I care about the runtime. In talking to Dave, a triple XP-G2 would be about 25-30% brighter when run at 4.2A on an 18650. However, tint is hugely important to me, so I got 4000K 5B4 emitters, knowing I'd lose some lumens.

I chose to get one and added tight clear optics. I did a bounce test with my brightest XM-L (cool), and it was easy to tell that the triple was brighter. I'd estimate 40-50% brighter. However, I only had an XM-L (not XM-L2) to compare with it.

Beautiful tint on it, I have to say. I'll get about 45 minutes on a 3400mAh on high, and with an all copper module and all copper Cryos bezel, I'm not afraid to run it full out.

The one thing I was suprised about was the large spot. It definitely has a defined hotspot, but it is huge - even in comparison to an XM-L hotspot. But in the application I'll be using this for - hiking outdoors at night - I think this will be perfect. I have a couple other lights for throw, so I think this one will be perfect for the full close/medium illumination.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks,Andrew.

HI

I think RichS nailed it on all counts now is it worth your runtime is a question you will have to decide on. The hotspot with all triples will be much larger since we are dealing with 3 emitters that are seperated, the clear tight lenses do a good job generating a dedicated hotspot but certainly larger than a single emitter.

Also RichS got something a bit different than what is on this thread, he received a triple module which has lens and is shaped just slightly different. These are mules which do NOT have lens and are VERY floody, they are intentionally made for folks that like the total flood.
Now after explaining the difference the runtimes and amperage are still the same between the two just one with lenses and one not.

Dave

Last edited:

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dave - quick question for you - do your 3 level drivers (with last level memory) have a voltage cut-off? If so, will they flash/etc. when the voltage hits a certain threshold?

Thanks in advance!

Sportapicks

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave ,
Just wanted to say thanks for the great drop in .My triple xpg2 has become my fav.Its just a solid wall o light ! I like it alot
Thanks

Kamerat

Enlightened
Re: Solid Copper Mule D26 / P60 Mules in XML2 / XPG2/XPE2 / Nichia 219

I just sent pp for a hi cri xml2 mule. My address in pp is wrong, please see private msg. I live in Belgium for the moment.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just sent pp for a hi cri xml2 mule. My address in pp is wrong, please see private msg. I live in Belgium for the moment.

Hi

Your mule has shipped and yes it went to Belgium.

thanks

Dave

Kamerat

Enlightened

Received the XML2 HiCRI today. Fast delivery :) Great tint + build quality! I'm using it in a Surefire C2. Any host with a better (lower) bezel than the Z44 for a mule?

editedby

Newly Enlightened

Hi Dave,
PP sent for:
One Triple Nichia 219B.
4 mode = Moonlight , low , med , high
Customize for FM host.
Total $100

Leithan

Newly Enlightened

PP sent for:
one triple Nichia
4 mode
Total $100

donscpoo

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dave

I am interested to get the Solid Copper P60 Mules in single XPG2 from you this time. I have a few questions which I hope you can help answer before I send in my order.

1) Can this be setup with 3 modes(H/M/L) with NO memory? I will like it to always turn on at High.

2) I will like to run it on the new Solarforce L2-D18 which supports 2x 18650 or 4x CR123. Are you able to set the driver to support higher volt?

Thanks

Don