Something wrong with my new Tri EDC?

smack2000

Newly Enlightened
Ok i have an idea for this little red LED. I have permatex silicone gasket maker for autmobikes that is black and resist heat up to 1k degrees. A little dab will cover the light, resist heat, and be removable since it doesnt dry hard and stays rubbery. This should work just fine and wont envolve breaking anything or use something that can burn off and create problems.

...but it won't fix the delay at power on.

I have the same problem with my module and have a thread with video discussing it on lux-rc.com. You can see it near the bottom here.

Basically Lux-RC says this is problem with the 1.0 firmware for the L333's and they will fix it for free (presumably) if you send the module back to them. Of course that will take weeks, possibly months with shipping in both directions. I am tempted to order another older (non-L333) engine from Mac first (unless Mac has received a new batch of L333's without this problem?), then ship my 1.0 L333 off to Lux-RC for repair when I get it. Since my L333 module is L/M/H and neutral, I'm thinking of getting a 6500K H/M/L to give me a couple options...

- Scott

Brian1911

Newly Enlightened
Yes it is still delayed and this light wont be my tactical light for mostly that reason. The red LED is atleast covered now and I did a nice neat job of placing some of that black silicone over it.

If there is an actual issue with the boards I would like it fixed as well. If the delay is expected then I can live with it but it certainly is not my preference.

How can you get a new light engine from them? I though mac builds all but the board and I know I dont have the ability to attach the board to the part mac built. Perhaps if there is a recall on the LE mac will take care of us and hook it up.

As far as L/M/H I have both the 6500k and 4500k and they are H/M/L. Perhaps you have another issue there.

smack2000

Newly Enlightened
If there is an actual issue with the boards I would like it fixed as well. If the delay is expected then I can live with it but it certainly is not my preference.

Apparently that was they way they were programmed to work in the first firmware release, I don't know if it's fair to call it an 'actual issue' if it was by design, more like a lack of foresight. Nevertheless it's too bad they don't empower the end users with the ability to both program and update the boards themselves -- it would save everyone a lot of trouble.

How can you get a new light engine from them? I though mac builds all but the board and I know I dont have the ability to attach the board to the part mac built.

I would order a complete light engine from Mac. I think I saw on another thread he would sell an LE for $130.

As far as L/M/H I have both the 6500k and 4500k and they are H/M/L. Perhaps you have another issue there.

The L/M/H is on purpose :)

Brian1911

Newly Enlightened
Well I love the color of the 4500k and the light is beautiful but I dont find myself carrying it and think I just might have to sell it. I just cant justify having another EDC since I already have one in 6500k and its what I carry daily. I listed it on the for sale forum as I just dont know what to do with the thing. It is sexy as heck and that partly is why I dont want to carry it, lol. My 1st run EDC has some wear marks and looks great but its my everyday use light already.

I do think that when the talk of the XML comes to production I might consider something like that just for the sake of it being different.

Last edited: