Son Of a Raw

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rob,
You have done it again. If you start a thread for these in a couple of weeks, I will be in. Will these come with a smallest for X number of weeks guarantee? :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

mtbkndad :wave:

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice job Rob! The Orb Raw is super small and now this. I've been using 14270's in a MMMMag for awhile now and they are great little cells.

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Fellas,
I only have the one of these & no material left. So I will have to be the Tester for now.
Looking at keyring attachments for this Little Raw & the standard Raw.
Re a Price, If it was made from Alu then it would be close to the Standard Raw Kit £35.
As it is a new material I need to get prices in for Nickel Silver Bar.
:thanks:

Amonra

Enlightened
Hey that's a great light.

just a name suggestion or two:

ORB Spawn Or RAW Spawn

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Smaller than an Orb......... how about the Pea?
Not quite Raw........ the Rare?
:crackup:

And at that price you can count me in.
:takeit:

Last edited:

Cmoore

Enlightened
Nickel Silver -- knife makers have used this for decades in knife bolsters. Interesting it has not appeared in flashlights before, if it has I remained unaware.

Given a reasonable price, I'd buy one for sure.

joema

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wanted to say I think the Wee Raw is a great idea, and I'd want one.

It's tempting to view it as a stunt or novelty light, but there's actually good reason to prioritize miniaturization vs the "ever greater output" race.

The physics are against you on output. Because of the logarithmic way we perceive light, a 60 lumen light is only slightly brighter visually than a 42 lumen light. Yet the power and runtime penalties for greater output are huge. The only exception is finding a more efficient emitter, and there are limits on that.

By contrast if you reduce the physical volume of a light, the perceived benefit is direct and always apparent, even when the light is OFF.

I'll take the Wee Raw, and after that the midget Wee Raw, and after that the nano Wee Raw, and after that the Quark Raw :)

fleegs

Enlightened
Wow!

I would be in for at least one in aluminum and other if not much more. I do not like to buy a more exotic metal unless it adds a benefit beyond looking better.

By any chance do you plan to make a Raw ER? That is, extended runtime. Like maybe 30 or 45 minutes on high?

I will be watching for this to go on sale! I really enjoy my Raw. Used it today in a power outage (planned) at work. Everyone loves it.

rob

dbedit

Newly Enlightened
Can this light be avalible as a Ti as well? BOMB PROOF

I like the Key Chain option as well?

I am ready to order when you are...

Last edited:

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Well, you beat me! (But I posted a pic first! :nana: :D ) My proto is under 16mm dia(!) and comes out of 5/8" 7075T6 barstock. My main issue is some form of electronics should be incorporated to prevent going over 1-2? C draw on the cell. (I have no intention of going "commercial," by the way. :)

site1057.JPG

:nana: (And :thumbsup: )

Larry