• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Spare battery carrier ideas

Nekolf

Newly Enlightened
I found an image of this battery holder that HDS made some time ago. It's a simple and good design that makes you want to carry it with the HDS light. I want you to make it again.

The pic was taken by me about 15 years ago. I sold whole legacy HDS collection here. The legacy lights and optional battery cases were amazing.

I have been carrying Delrin Battery Lockers for many years.
lHGVyc3m.jpg DmIdpF4m.jpg

CountyComm Delrin Battery Lockers

For a really cost effective and secure option, Nalgene makes Snap Cap Vials, in multiple sizes. These vials are far less costly than many of the battery locker suggestions above, and are almost as waterproof as the $20 per unit locker options. The small, medium, and large Snap Cap Vials are sized to easily accommodate 16340, 14500, 18350, 18500, and 18650 cells. (No known Nalgene options for 21700 cells, however.) I've used these to isolate and protect my cells during travel, backpacking, and canoe/kayaking trips; the snap caps are tight-fitting, and water has never penetrated the enclosures even during heavy rain, nor when exposed to the inevitable splashing encountered during self-powered watercraft adventures.

Prices vary a bit, depending on the vial size, but these Nalgene vials start at about $1 for the smallest size (16340 compatible), up to $4 for the largest (i.e.- 18650) size. Search online for "Nalgene Snap Cap Vials" and take your pick of several online vendors. Give these a try: you won't be disappointed.

Here's a photo...

s-l200.webp

(I'm not affiliated with Nalgene in any way, I just want to pass on what I consider to be a really good option for community consideration.)

Last edited:

muichimon

Newly Enlightened

muichimon

Newly Enlightened
This is the battery case I usually use. I bought it over 20 years ago when a KTC salesman came to advertise nepros. I feel that the purpose of the product was a grease container. Since CR123A battery fits exactly, I use it as a spare battery case.
1IMG_4717.JPG

Nekolf

Newly Enlightened
Was the HDS battery case such an old product? Delrin Battery Lockers This one also looks very good. I would like to buy some to try.
EDC Ultimate and EDC Basic were sold 2004 - 2006. Those battery cases were producted for them. If you are interested in the Delrin Battery Lockers, send PM to me. 日本語でOKです。

This is the battery case I usually use. I bought it over 20 years ago when a KTC salesman came to advertise nepros. I feel that the purpose of the product was a grease container. Since CR123A battery fits exactly, I use it as a spare battery case.
I have nepros tools but have never seen the container. Is that standard product?

My nepros and EDC Ultimate are here.
owDaLqim.jpgdykb3Twm.jpgUE8PYk9m.jpg

Last edited:

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
1678097915897.jpeg

If I need to go somewhere for a long time, then I use such things, they are quite durable and waterproof. Only they have a minus - the batteries inside are loose and everything can fall out when opened. If only they were a little tighter :unsure:

If I just go somewhere nearby, then I use these, a friend gave me a set of several sizes

muichimon

Newly Enlightened
PELICAN 1010 is very convenient because it can hold 1 cell light plus others. I also use it for spare batteries.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Since my only really guaranteed EDC lights are 1-AAA, my spare battery holder is a 2nd light to EDC.

For example, I carry both the Sofirn C01 and C01s. Why carry just a holder, If my holder can be another light.

michaex

Enlightened
I really like SureFire's SC3, with only 4 batteries - it's small enough to disappear in my backpack. Not intended for pocket carry though.

Latest posts