Spark Headlamp quirk?

Nonprophet

Newly Enlightened
Recently got an ST5 190NW. Great light, good thrower for trails and such and with the diffuser lens it's a great flooder too. All in all I really like it, but, it has a strange quirk. If it's been sitting for awhile and I go to turn it on by pressing the button, it turns on and then off right away. If I turn it on a second time it stays on, and if I let it sit for 2 -5 mins and turn it on it stays on, but after it's been sitting for awhile it does the same thing......anyone else have this problem? Thanks! NP P.S. I've been using an AW 14500 protected cell in the light--I'll try an eneloop and see it that makes any difference......

Last edited:

ryguy24000

Enlightened
Are you pressing the button quickly or slow? It has a momentary on like a signal light if you press and hold the button for just a split second then depress. Maybe a half second or so. If you press the button quickly it should come on. If this is not the case I would send it back.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, it's not a quirk, it's a 'feature' of the UI. It takes some getting used to. I still flub it with it from time to time. I don't find it all that big of a deal though. I typically just press and hold to turn it on, that eliminates any chance you might not click the switch fast enough. I prefer to start in low first anyway, so don't use the memory function, or the momentary on it really anyway, so it doesn't really bother me. Although I have to admit, I don't understand the idea of a momentary feature on a headlamp, but maybe that's just me.