SPORTAC® P60 drop-ins ©2014 Eagtac™ LLC

timbo114

Enlightened
Re: SPORTAC® P60 drop-ins ©2014 Eagtac LLC

That's a very good question. I got the triple 219 for that exact reason .. tint.
I'd like to have a triple xpg2, but I'll wait for the answer to your question before I order.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's a very good question. I got the triple 219 for that exact reason .. tint.
I'd like to have a triple xpg2, but I'll wait for the answer to your question before I order.

yeah bud! I'd love to have a powerhouse XP-G2 triple but only if the tint is right.

does anyone know if these use run-of-the-mill drivers or something truly custom? I'm not going to lie: we need more P60 modules out there with the flexibility to push the LEDs hard but still take advantage of having, say, 2x 3.7v cells :)

derLichtschalter

Newly Enlightened

I fully agree with you, tobrien! I love to have the possibility to run my dropins with 2x18650 cells...

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast

how's the tint on your triple XP-G2 modules, guys? it's the highest efficiency bin on the XP-G2 currently (S2) right? I always associated the highest efficiency bins with not-as-great tint. Am I right?

To my eyes, it is the most pleasing white, non tinted emitter I have seen. XPE was previously the best for me. Nichia is not my preference but at least there is no green, and the yellow is not distracting, plus the colors look good. But this XPG2 triple gives fairly vibrant colors, just a little more vivid than reality (and a Nichia). Have an old Cree Q5 (?) in a Olight T15 that used to be my favorite. If you are not terribly fond of warm, and only want one, high level, this dropin (at least the one I got) is a great way to go. Can't say what it looks like above 4.18volts...don't know if that changes the tint. And the perimeter of the spill is not the perfect circle, like quality single emitters display. Goodly amount of flood, but certainly not mule-ish. My old Surefire U2, with the Oveready adapter to accept P60 dropins has a gold, crenelated bezel that reflects a little yellow on the edge of the spill as well. Not your problem, isn't really noticeable but something to consider if you're looking to get shiny gold bezels.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

To my eyes, it is the most pleasing white, non tinted emitter I have seen. XPE was previously the best for me. Nichia is not my preference but at least there is no green, and the yellow is not distracting, plus the colors look good. But this XPG2 triple gives fairly vibrant colors, just a little more vivid than reality (and a Nichia). Have an old Cree Q5 (?) in a Olight T15 that used to be my favorite. If you are not terribly fond of warm, and only want one, high level, this dropin (at least the one I got) is a great way to go. Can't say what it looks like above 4.18volts...don't know if that changes the tint. And the perimeter of the spill is not the perfect circle, like quality single emitters display. Goodly amount of flood, but certainly not mule-ish. My old Surefire U2, with the Oveready adapter to accept P60 dropins has a gold, crenelated bezel that reflects a little yellow on the edge of the spill as well. Not your problem, isn't really noticeable but something to consider if you're looking to get shiny gold bezels.

that's exactly what I wanted to know, thank you! that was incredibly helpful. I'll be ordering an XP-G2 triple as well I guess ;)

thanks bud!

Aperture

Newly Enlightened

Just got my triple XP-G2 from a local shop and things look promising, the hotspot is roughly the same size as my EDC+/IS X60L3 Triple Nichia but much brighter and whiter in tint.

It also works very nice as a very bright room sweeper with the optics removed, very impressive.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just backordered a 219 triple through GoingGear. I sent them an email asking when they might fill the backorder. I'll keep you guys/gals posted for those of you in the USA.

edit to add: just got an email from them. They expect to have more in 1-2 weeks.

Last edited:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just got my triple XP-G2 from a local shop and things look promising, the hotspot is roughly the same size as my EDC+/IS X60L3 Triple Nichia but much brighter and whiter in tint.

It also works very nice as a very bright room sweeper with the optics removed, very impressive.
nice, thanks for reporting back to us! are the optics the Carclo brand optics if you can tell?

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Also, does the optics make the dropin waterproof like the Malkoff M60? Is it a sealed, waterproof optic?

Aperture

Newly Enlightened

Don't know what type of optic is used but sadly there's no O ring to seal the unit.

With the front ring removed:
11842685986_f4194823b7_c.jpg

The inside with the optics removed:
11841895445_5c22304e21_c.jpg

The optics:
11842324164_c960d40f1b_c.jpg

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast

Kind of a disappointment, but not a necessity. Just get you a good waterproof host and you're GTG. You just can't take the light apart underwater :D

Aperture

Newly Enlightened

I can confirm that the triple XP-G2 works in the Malkoff MD2 with the High/Low ring, low is very low however with an 18650 (less than 10 lumen) and I doubt the setup will be waterproof.

Fir3

Newly Enlightened

Received a triple today. Brought this old 6P LED Defender back to life! Brighter and better color compared to a Fury.

6p_zps06e1baf0.jpg

Latest posts