SPORTAC® P60 drop-ins ©2014 Eagtac™ LLC

boudeou

Newly Enlightened
Looks like the M2 cryos really makes a difference in beam width. Do you have a regular surefire z44 style head to better show the difference?

Z44, triple XP-G2

Z44, EDC+ XM-L

Zebralight SC600II, well knowed for his wide beam

Cryos M2, triple XP-G2

boudeou

Newly Enlightened
it's normal. without CPF i would have only one light and i'd be rich. so now if i can help you to buy flashlights and Drop-in and stay poor like me, it's a pleasure :nana:

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
it's normal. without CPF i would have only one light and i'd be rich. so now if i can help you to buy flashlights and Drop-in and stay poor like me, it's a pleasure :nana:

So it shall be said, so it shall be written. The life of a Flashaholic! :D

Last edited:

DAN92

Enlightened
Thank you for the comparison of beam.

I have too many lights because of CPF, but it is so good.:D

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
4 days in with the AA runtime test now. No change since my last update. The XML2 single module is still running strong at ~ 2 lumens. Just for laughs, I compared it with a quark XPE light on moon mode, and the sportac is way brighter.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
just got home today to see my XM-L2 single (NW) awaiting me and, based on everything posted, I opted to use 3x CR123 cells in a Z2 + A19 (DIY Z3).

Conclusion? This thing is stupid-bright and the beam looks amazing, too! This is an absolute steal.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
My nichia triple will only run for 2-3 minutes and then it goes dim, into a moonlight mode. This is in a 9P with 2x17500, both at about 4.0v. If I turn it off and back on, it goes back into full brightness, but will dim down again after another 3-4 minutes.

Anyone else seeing this?

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Resting. I don't think I have a way to test them under load unless a basic DMM has that functionality and I don't know it.

I performed the same test with primaries and the drop in did not dim, so it must be the li ion batteries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lighthearted1

Newly Enlightened
Just tried two eneloops in my 9P w/ the 219 triple - it produced about 10 lumens of light. Very interesting...

I finally tried two eneloops myself (Nicha triple). I used the 123 size extension and needed a magnet and a nut as spacers to make contact. These are the 2000mah version with full charge 2.8V in my Solarforce L2P, L2-S8 tail.
I got more lumens than you. I see around 35-40 lumens. (as we read in an earlier post the tail switch can affect output).

My single CR123 (3.2V) cell gave around 75 lumens.

So I tried 3 of these eneloops and get full output.... very bright. I had to use the 18650 extension and couldn't tighten it or the tail cap all the way due to the length of the 3 cells. I measured 4.2 volts.

There is some more data to chew on, guys and gals.

I like the length of my light with a single 18650 or with the shorter extension, but the double 18650 is a bit long for me. It is less stable when tail standing too.
I think I might order some 18500 x2 protected button top cells and get the benefit of full regulated output with the shorter extension tube. (Keepower 1700mah look good). I can pop in two AA cells if I want lower lumens, but I would likely just use a different light with multi-modes!. L3 Illumination L10 Nicha.
The single 18650 config is good if diminishing output is OK. The double 18650 is fine for extended run times with regulation.

Yep, a 3 mode driver would be nice here.