Spy 007 Pics

In the bottom two pics I mostly wanted to show that Data's light has joined the big leagues of McGizmo and Mr. Bulk.

As far as weight differential between the Ti PD-S and the Spy 007, it's substantial. The Spy is far heavier. My Ti PD-S with cell but no clip/clip screws is about 95.29g. The Spy blew past my 100g scale - maybe we can get Dave to weigh one with cells installed - but I'd say it's a good 50% heavier. I'd guess at least 150g.

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Da Bomb!!
CIMG2701.jpg

CIMG2704.jpg

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the bottom two pics I mostly wanted to show that Data's light has joined the big leagues of McGizmo and Mr. Bulk.

As far as weight differential between the Ti PD-S and the Spy 007, it's substantial. The Spy is far heavier. My Ti PD-S with cell but no clip/clip screws is about 95.29g. The Spy blew past my 100g scale - maybe we can get Dave to weigh one with cells installed - but I'd say it's a good 50% heavier. I'd guess at least 150g.

147g with two batteries.

Edwood

Enlightened
What is that circular engraving mark right between the tail cap and lanyard hole?

Mangurrian

Banned
Wow, nice guestimate at only 3 grams off. :rock:

How is the tailcap removal & installation?

Griff, looks like you already had an O-blow out. :poof: :mecry:

Nice guess, now i know it weights more than a quater lb patty close to 1/3 lb :naughty:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thujone, did you see Dads light?

The o-rings are very easy to take off with a wooden tooth pic, just dig right under the o-ring and pry it up so you can roll it off.

Putting them on is easy with the following trick. Wrap several inches of thread or dental floss around the outer groove to fill it up. Then put the first o-ring right on top of it. It will then be easy for the o-ring to be pushed/rolled over to the inner groove because it can't fall deep into the first groove. Take the thread off and put the next o-ring in the outer groove.

BTW, the o-rings are size 011 ( 5/16 ID and 1/16 dia).

Back to putting lights is boxes.

Cheers

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thujone, did you see Dads light?

No.. He said he would call me if it came in yesterday... :poke:

I did get to see a bunch of his other titanium though. It was an honor to hold all of the greats he has..

Last edited:

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
:mecry:

I m so full of envy.

Don post pictures of your SPY007 please.

Hope I could snatch one on from the next batch...

X_Marine

Enlightened
It's frigging beautiful dad, sorry but I hate you now.. :tinfoil:

Seriously though, some beam shots and even small vids would help to tide us less lucky soles over for a while.

Dave is way to busy boxing and getting things all ready for the next batch in record setting new times. :thumbsup: So we dare not interrupt him to say the least. Although I thinking he must have literally hundreds of plastic? parts from testing sw on his machine and some of those might make nice pacifiers for us who are having un-relentless urges to caress one. :naughty:

As has been said, drop dead beautiful!! :twothumbs
X/BillyD..