Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SPY 007 Sales thread #5

I don't know if this helps but heres a vid that shows some TRI-V programming:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQllx1onbAc
and this should also help - the 007 Instruction-Manual:
SPY 007 Instruction Manual

Good luck with the beam shots!
(and don't forget to share :))

Thanks for the links Nadav! I've seen those and I was really hoping for a 007 programming video. I will try the Instruction Manual again, and if I figure it out........ I might try a video?

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the links Nadav! I've seen those and I was really hoping for a 007 programming video. I will try the Instruction Manual again, and if I figure it out........ I might try a video?

The updated 007 user manual to include the firmware Rel 3.X version of the 007 is now posted.

The Rel 3.X firmware is in the XP-G version of the 007.

I would love for you or anybody to make a 007 programming video! That would rock.

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast

John (Launch Mini) was kind enough to help me with the programming and I will take some beam shots tonight! If I get good enough at programming the 007's, I will post a video.

Thanks
Todd

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here's the beam shots I promised :) All 007's are 100% original with cool tints and had fresh AW's. The garage is about 30 feet away and 007's set to the highest setting. I would have taken more shots if not for the mosquitos.

SPY 007 Soul (First Run), SPY 007 Cree R2, SPY 007 XP-G

p1050350rc.jpg

007 Soul

p1050355w.jpg

007 Cree

p1050357t.jpg

007 XP-G

p1050358x.jpg

My thoughts were,

007 Soul / Beautiful Beam
007 Cree / Lots of throw and love the Tint
007 XP-G / By far the brightest and my current EDC

Last shot for fun, The 1000 Lumen Orb ,

p1050360a.jpg

Thanks
Todd

easilyled

Flashaholic

Thanks for doing that Todd. I take it that the 007 XP-G is on 1400ma?
I've programmed mine so that level 6 is driven at that current.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great shots, thanks.
I no longer have a cool white Seoul SPY, but those beam shots do render them very accurately.

Were the two lights on your garage on for the shots, or is they illuminated from the lights?

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great shots, thanks.
I no longer have a cool white Seoul SPY, but those beam shots do render them very accurately.

Were the two lights on your garage on for the shots, or is they illuminated from the lights?

The two garage lights were on "stand by mode". They offer little light until the motion sensor is triggered. The 007 beams might have enhanced the the look of the garage lights?

CMAG

Enlightened

Is the XP=G 007 still being offered for sale?
Is there a XM-L 007?

jnug

Newly Enlightened

I apologize if I am asking a question for which the answer should be obvious. I saw the "closed" status for the Spy007 XM-L thread. then when I can in here I saw this thread and did not know what to make of it. Are you saying that there are XM-G Spy007's that are available? Is that what this is? if not where is it that you want me to post to get on the list for the next run either for XM-L or the new Tri-V2? Again I apologize if I should just be more up to speed. I will try to watch more closely.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

I apologize if I am asking a question for which the answer should be obvious. I saw the "closed" status for the Spy007 XM-L thread. then when I can in here I saw this thread and did not know what to make of it. Are you saying that there are XM-G Spy007's that are available? Is that what this is? if not where is it that you want me to post to get on the list for the next run either for XM-L or the new Tri-V2? Again I apologize if I should just be more up to speed. I will try to watch more closely.

You are correct. There are 007 XP-G lights available for immediate shipping. I have left this sales thread open as people ask for lights, I keep a few ready to ship. All I need to know is what emitter you want.

If you want an XM-L, please post in the closed XM-L sales thread and you will be added to the list. Those lights will be available right after new years.

Cheers
Dave

Last edited:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

No, the Tri-V2 is not ready yet. I will have more information for you soon.

Please watch the Tri-V2 threads and subscribe to the "subscribe to Cool Fall" thread for updates.

Cheers
Dave

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

Order placed and :paypal: and email sent. :rock:

One Spy 007 with the SW GG treatment, with a Neutral XPG emitter.

I had trouble deciding between neutral and bright white, I hope I made the right decision. :thumbsup:

Thanks Dave, now I wait. :devil:

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dave
I will take the same as PSM. Out of town today but will PP tomorrow And follow up with am email.
Thanks

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Dave. I'm sorry, I am still struggling with my emitter choice.

Can't decide between bright white and neutral. :eek:

I know I already ordered neutral, but damn....

If its too late then that's fine, I'm sure I'll be happy with neutral.

I really don't even know if I want to switch to bright white. I'm a mess! :green:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SPY 007 Sales thread #5 << OPEN >>

Dave. I'm sorry, I am still struggling with my emitter choice.

Can't decide between bright white and neutral. :eek:

I know I already ordered neutral, but damn....

If its too late then that's fine, I'm sure I'll be happy with neutral.

I really don't even know if I want to switch to bright white. I'm a mess! :green:

You can have all the time to decide on this as you want. People ask me this every day. :)

I do not like to tell people which way to go as everybody's eye is different. And it depends on what you already have and what you will use the light for. There is also IMHO no bad decision to be made between a bright white and a neutral white emitter.

The bright white is better if what you want is a lot of light to see far away or to really brighten up a room. The Neutral is better for color rendition but, and I say this with a big BUT, your eye compensates for the color anyway. However, in the case of not enough light, there is nothing your eye can do. ;)

All of my personal EDC lights are bright white. :thumbsup: :party: :whistle::sssh::devil::nana::wave:

Soooo, tell us what you usually use your lights for?

Cheers
Dave

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I'm gonna stick with the 5000k neutral. :)

I use my lights for general purpose, every day stuff. Today I used my light in broad daylight to look down a gopher tortoise hole.

Thank you to the very helpful cpfers for their PM's and EM's. And thanks for your replies Dave!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts