SPY 007 XM-L Sales thread is CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave,

SPY 007 XM-L SWGG #625 arrived today :thumbsup: It's my first SWGG and I'm really impressed with how it fells in hand :)

Thanks
Todd

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SPY 007 XM-L Sales thread

Guys, what are the lumen ratings on the XM-L?

The lumen rating is a very slippery slope. There are many threads here on CPF that explain the issues with the emitters, the light gathering, the variations in flashlight electronics and emitters and the number crunching. I do not get involved.

I only publish the true maximum RMS current that my converter puts out. Add that to the manufacturer stated efficiency of the emitter bin and you can get a ball park of emitter lumens. My reflector is as good as most and I use a standard crystal lens with no coating.

Cheers
Dave

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
The board in the XM-L is the same as the one in the Tri-V, so It cane run up to 3000, xp-g runs up to 1400.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good point. Max drive for xpg is only 1.5amps as opposed to 3amps for XML.
Meaning the XML is much brighter when fully driven but runtime is greatly reduced.
OK yeah, you could say that the runtime is reduced. But my real world experience is, as you're carrying and using the light on a daily basis, it spends a small percentage of its time at 3000 mA. So the actual runtime difference may not be so much. Its having the power when you need it but easily being able to dial in a more reasonable level that makes this work well.

Cheers
Dave

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
To get the 3amps driven level, is IMR battery required?

If a RCR123 is used, what is the maximum drive would it go!?

Yes only IMR is going to reach that level without problems to the batteries. I don't recommend generic rechargeable batteries above a thousand milliamps.

Cheers
Dave

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave. Are you planning to incorporate the new Tri-V2 lockout sequence into the Spy007. I think this will be the most used feature in any of your lights given the knob movement is so fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.