SPY 007 XM-L2 ENGRAVED <<ALL SOLD>>

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SPY 007 XM-L2 ENGRAVED

That is sold.

The video shows it before it is completed, it is going to be stone washed yet.

Cheers
Dave

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

I added a video on the Stone Washed Dragon Scales light:

This is an XM-L2 (any color temp) 3300mA max power.

{view at highest resolution and full screen}

Cheers
Dave

Last edited:

lefteye219

Enlightened

That is sold.

The video shows it before it is completed, it is going to be stone washed yet.

Cheers
Dave

Oh I see.. it was a fantastic light.. May I know what would be the price of such a custom piece? It looks badass!!!

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh I see.. it was a fantastic light.. May I know what would be the price of such a custom piece? It looks badass!!!

The cost of a SPY stays stable with price increases every year or so as necessary but the engraved lights are out of my control in several ways. One, I have to risk an expensive set of parts through the mail both ways to the artist. I have to wait many months to see what comes back; and quite frankly it is quite a variation. During the engraving work, a few of the lights have been scratched and dulled. In those cases, I have stone washed the entire light while masking off the engraving. That is very time consuming and problematic too.

I do not sell many of them on the forum because they need to be seen in person to be appreciated. I put several up here a few weeks ago and at first everybody just window shopped. I realized they were not able to see in the pictures if the work was up to their standards. So I tried posting videos and that helped tremendously.

Some of the engraving takes 5 times the work as others, just depends on how the artist is feeling the design I guess. So I simply look at the final product and try to judge what it is worth. The range of the engraved lights I have done so far, has been up to $4000 for a single piece of work. I have asked for gold and copper inlay but they have not seen fit to do such work for me yet. I am not sure why because I told them to knock one out to the park and then lets just see what happens with it. We all have seen knives with mega engraving that sold in the 5 digits.

After looking at the Lothlórien for a few months and comparing how good the scull and dragon scales came out once stone washed, I decided to pull it and stone wash it. It came out fantastic, even better than I had imagined. This time I did NOT mask off the engraving and instead let it run for almost two days. It rounded the engraving so that it now has a more 3D look and it bleached out all the dark texturing behind the foliage if you will. That made the pattern blend into the look and style of the silvery 007. I will try to get a video of it posted soon.

So there you have it, each piece is individual and judged not only by what went into it but how good the final art is. If you are interested in an engraved SPY please send me an email and we can start from there.

Cheers
Dave

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic

....I have asked for gold and copper inlay but they have not seen fit to do such work for me yet. I am not sure why because I told them to knock one out to the park and then lets just see what happens with it. We all have seen knives with mega engraving that sold in the 5 digits....

Would be amazing to see one done by CJ Cai ... :thumbsup:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

His work is beautiful. Muller Forge, who did some of the work above, does work like that too. Lots of times these things are done on consignment. You ask for a lion or a vampire or what ever you are into and pay a deposit before the work is started.

Cheers
Dave

Coltrane

Newly Enlightened

Saw this in the other thread and thought it belonged here too!

Unfortunately already unavailable.
Peter_Rassenti_Spy007_XPL_01.jpg

Nice! I guess that your imagination is the limit. How long would something simple take and cost? Something like a letter or initials?

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

Turn around times have been one to eight months and I do not know the price till it is done. Something simple like the dragon scales above will run $300+

Post or email me a sketch and I can inquire about the time estimate.

Cheers
Dave

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast

Stunning!

I need a ROAD TRIP to PA (so....out of the loop....)

Coltrane

Newly Enlightened

Turn around times have been one to eight months and I do not know the price till it is done. Something simple like the dragon scales above will run $300+

Post or email me a sketch and I can inquire about the time estimate.

Cheers
Dave

Mail on its way...

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

Video on the Lothlórien: (((SOLD)))

I Stone Washed it, including the engraving itself and the results are great. There is just something about it to me, where it matches the style of the 007 body really well. I think it is better with the stone wash because it rounded all the carving lines that were too sharp. Now it shows more depth too.

Cheers
Dave

Last edited:

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast

That Lothlórien is so attempting to add to the collection........ I like it, someone please buy it......

lefteye219

Enlightened

Dave,

I think you need to make the Skull engraved an option to buy for CPFers:grin2:

thenikjones

Newly Enlightened

I am the very happy owner of the Dragonscale 007. A business trip to the U.S. happened to be in the NJ/PA area and Dave very kindly agreed to host a visit from me. The cost of the engraving was less than the postage to the UK so made perfect sense to buy it!

Shown how to program by the master himself, and a visit to the Tree House :) The torch is on an Atwood Lifeline with a moonglow bead and I am very happy with it. Finally found a UK source for AW IMR red cells and loving the 3300mA setting #6.

A Coll Fall 6V XM-L2 and McGizmo 3V XP-G2 - I am a very happy and fortunate man!