SPY005 Sign Up List

Status
Not open for further replies.

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been meaning to post this....

Here's another shot with a couple of orange trits...

spyorangeec7.jpg

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys Not to be left out of a good thing I finally paid up. Thanks for your patience Dave.

Lets see what words work here. floored, I don't know ...BLOWN AWAY....OMFG.....Amazing.......incredible...

None of these really do this totally unique out of the box design justice.
The SPY is an amazing hunk of design, engineering and manufacturing..it is a great package. My hat is off to you.

You guys know those weeks where there are 2 great movies coming out at the same time. Normally one chooses one. This week I went to both pictures. I saw the spy picture and I saw the beauTIful picture. Both are top or the line.

Granted I committed to and planned poorly for the Spy. The other was more of a surprise.

Dave, You have done a wonderful job of creating a very functional beautiful flashlight. Congratulations on a very successful program.

When it comes to being a truly successful flashlight freak you need to have some pretty specific flashlights. The McLuxIII PD, the ARC LS, Firefly, KI, Now the SPY 005, is also one of them. An instant classic. Throw in a couple of SureFires a MrBulk VIP or two and you have somthing going.

Dave Thanks for making this happen, and for your patience.
Yaesumofo

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have received emails from lots of you thanking me for the SPY and the time I put into it. I want to say that those emails and the posts from everyone here on the CPF forums have often made my day! I consider myself very fortunate to have been involved in such a project as the SPY. Thank you all for your very kind comments.

As promised I have paid Sasha the amount that I originally pledged to CPF in the sign up post. Thank you Sasha and all of the CPF moderators and administrators. CPF is one of a precious few forum sites on the net that is both civilized and in the same breath exhilarating.

There will be no more chrome SPY005 parts. I put a lot of handwork into the SPY005 knobs and I am very proud of them. Chrome is a wonderful material that can turn aluminum into shiny-metal-candy. However, the monetary, labor and production delay impacts of chrome plating are enormous. So long chrome and so that also means, so long SPY005.

Because the SPY project was so enjoyable I am afraid I may be hopelessly hooked on the world of flashlight production. The SPY006 and SPY007 are currently in development.

From now on please look for my posts in the manufacturing forum. I am planning to sell some of my lights outside of the CPF forums. Here, under the "Custom and Modified" forums, it is necessary to post interest threads in one-place and sales threads in another. In the manufacturing forum all my posts will be together and that is of great utilitarian value to me.

Again, my sincerest thanks go out to all of you on CPF for your support and guidance.

Cheers
Dave

PS awr, please send me money!

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
the last but not the least! love the light.. and thanks for the small perk of including some cells.. i forgot to bring some with and stopped at the post office on the way out of town.. got to actually USE the light for a real purpose almost immediately.. as i was doing some measuring down in the dungeon of a big apartment building.. the stairs on the way down had no lighting besides the use of just lighting into dark holes etc.

wore my fingers a little sore playing with the switch.. hope it has enough 1000s of use.

keep 'em coming.. if you build them they will buy!

-awr

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I sent you an extra set of batteries because I played with your light so much that the first set are bound to be about spent. :grin2:

Enjoy!

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.