Spydie Dragonfly -- but larger?

hatman

Enlightened
The Persistence came today. It is the right shaped blade, but that's about all I like.

Too big and too heavy. And the silver clip (black would be nice) rides high in my pocket.

It opens easily enough. But I have yet to see a linerlock that isn't a pain to close.

A lot of knife for the money, that's for sure. But too much knife for me to EDC or wear to the office.

How does this compare to the Caly3 and Delica?

Last edited:

commodorewheeler

Newly Enlightened
I've never handled a Persistence before, so I couldn't give you a direct comparison. But with the possible exception of the clip not being particularly deep carry, I think all of your complaints about the Persistence will be nicely addressed with the ZDP-189 Delica.

hatman

Enlightened
Except for the size of the blade the Dragonfly with G10 scales fits most of your criteria. :shrug:

Indeed it does -- but I'm looking for a slightly bigger Dragonfly -- maybe 2.5 or 2.75 inches.

hatman

Enlightened
Postal Service sent the Delica to Mississippi instead of Missouri -- the two zip codes aren't even similar.

The dealer graciously refunded the shipping charge, but as for the package, it's still out there somewhere. Will advise when it lands.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Postal Service sent the Delica to Mississippi instead of Missouri -- the two zip codes aren't even similar.

The dealer graciously refunded the shipping charge, but as for the package, it's still out there somewhere. Will advise when it lands.

That sucks. It's bad enough waiting for a package but then to find out it is delayed is just annoying. I really liked my Delica but sold it to fund some light purchases last summer. I did however just get my G10 Dragonfly in the mail today so I'm a Spydie owner again.

hatman

Enlightened
The Dragonfly is sweet.....How much is the G10 version?...Worth the extra cost?

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rumors are that a full flat grind Delica in FRN will be out this year.

I really like the Urban but wish they would make a locking version, that would be exactly what you deisre. Spyderco's stance is that role is fulfilled by the "Cat". I will probably pick up a Cat when they get back in stock.

It is not in the 2010 catalog which you can download here.
http://spyderco.com/catalog/download.php

Last edited:

hatman

Enlightened
The Cat looks great, but I don't care for Linerlocks. Just give me a lock back.

As to the Urban, why is it so much more expensive?

Last edited:

hatman

Enlightened
Think I've found just what I was looking for!

It's so close to being a Dragonfly only larger it's eerie.

More details after I have a chance to play with it for a day or so.