• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SSC P7 Buck Converter

Der Wichtel

Enlightened
The voltage might be too low. It will go pretty fast into direct drive mode but since the Vf of the XM-L are pretty low compared to the Seoul P7 you may stay in full regulation until the batteries are empty.

Last time I measured a Vf of 9.8V with 3 XM-L, should be low enough I think.

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
DW,

With respect to the multi-mode drivers, when the board drops out of regulation, is it still possible to switch levels? I think elsewhere that you have said that they would, but my memory is rubbish, and I just wanted to confirm.

Many thanks! :thumbsup:

gaucho223

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I'm a couple of years late into this thread but any up-check on the availability of the converter? Just curious.

Aepoc

Enlightened
The voltage might be too low. It will go pretty fast into direct drive mode but since the Vf of the XM-L are pretty low compared to the Seoul P7 you may stay in full regulation until the batteries are empty.

Last time I measured a Vf of 9.8V with 3 XM-L, should be low enough I think.

DW,
Would your single mode version work any better? I'm trying to build a light very similar to Aircraft's with 3x17670's in series and 3 XM-L's (also wired in series)...

Also, I saw some earlier posts about having to set the voltage... this is only for the PWM boards correct? I don't want to have to set any voltages... I just want a light with one bright A** level.

dakyone

Newly Enlightened
What would make it so this thing had a little more max amp output? I think Id like it to drive a single SST50

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, in 08-28-2010 I ask you if I can drive 4 P4 Leds and I never receive a answer from you, let me ask you again, maybe I have some luck this time, can I drive 4 XM-L Leds 2S2P with your 2.8amp driver using 4 x 18650 connect it as well in 2S2P?

Thanks