Stanley H.I.D. and 1365 lumen spotlights (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Re: New Stanley H.I.D. and 1365 lumen spotlights

if you've run the light for a bit and then switch it off, flip the light over quickly and look at the bulb - its entire glass extrerior glows blue while the internal bits glow orange, very meancing looking!

And here's what it looks like:

Stanley.jpg

I'd say that's good enough for a sigline..

Mugrunty

Newly Enlightened

Uhhh...I hate everything! Just as I think I'm all set with flashlights, this light has to pop up in the forums!!! I be crazy enough to head over to my local super walmart to see if they have it. Dangit!! Why do I read this place!

But, anyway...no one said anything about how the light charges the battery. Does it have a proper float charge? How long does it take? Does it overcharge the battery? I remember I got this one 1mil candle power Garrity spotlight that works really well for a 6V 55w halogen...but it charges forever and never stops. You can ever hear the battery boiling away after a few hours overcharge!

BVH

Flashaholic

One of my charge times from "empty" was 4 hours, 25 minutes. Another was 4 hours 35 minutes. As sophisticated as the controller board looks and with 10 wires coming out of the ballast going to the board, I would venture a guess that the charging circuit is fairly intelligent. Beyond that..........

Youfoundnemo

Enlightened

How water resistant/proof is this light, and how hard would it be to make it rain/puddle ready? Im really considering this light its just that I cant quite see it holding up on the farm without some sort of water resistance

BVH

Flashaholic

Honestly, I would not even attempt to make this light splash proof. It's a split case type of construction, a seam all the way around with switches and leds penetrating thru. If you drop this in a puddle, water will freely flow inside. Silicone won't do it.

Mugrunty

Newly Enlightened

Um....guess what? I almost stupidly did go to walmart, and unfortunatly for me they DID have it. They actually had two of them. Look, I took it with my phone!

0317092137.jpg

Pretty good for a cell phone shot. But anyway, yes I was forced into buying one. I even opened it up in the parking lot like NorCal. Sigh*, not another HId light. I didn't get to play with it much, It's on the charger now. I still can't believe I just bought this light after reading this Topic. I think it was the quickest flashlight buy ever! All I need now is that 4200K bulb!!!

PS. This bulb does glow Red after turned off! A LOT more than the POB! Gotta go to bed now...work in the morning!:D:sick2:

tn6110

Newly Enlightened

The one I bought must have been manufactured recently. It didn't even take an hour for the green light to show when I charged it. All in all I have to say that I am rather pleased with this purchase. Of course there are better HID's on the market but for this price and quick trip to wallyworld this is great buy. This is real bright light too. I will probably go for another
bulb at some point. But to be honest, I am pretty pleased with it just like it came. So I won't be in a big hurry to change anything.:grin2:

dilbert

Enlightened

I went to another walmart today and they had every light in that photo, except the HID. Oh well... one more store to try on Friday.:candle:

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is amazon the only online place to get them? It has been out of stock all this time.

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast

And here's what it looks like:
I'd say that's good enough for a sigline..

Wow! I'd noticed the red, but not the blue (looking at it in daylight). That picture is just pure awesome.

BTW, has anyone bothered with the "2M Series" 1365lm? I did briefly think about snagging one, but only from an evil desire to cram the HID's guts into the gray case...

ZardHex

Newly Enlightened

Well...my local WM doesnt have them and the stock associates tell me they have not heard of them...i imagine when they do put them on the shelves they will fly back off them quickly, ala "Lowes Task Force" style... Oh jeez, CPF is going to indirectly drive the price up on this bang-for-the-buck light:mecry:...still going to stick it out with my POB in the meantime :candle:

Starhalo: Those shots of the bulb@cooldown look really cool...reminds me of the POB's orange/blue as well

Enjoying all the detailed pix, Mr Ted Bear, Norcal and BVH...great job!

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast

Went to Malwart tonight and surprise! Nothing! Not even a tag for it. Looks like its just a test run?

On the plus side I got a really cool Sylvania Golden Dragon stainless "puck" styled light, but that's a story for another thread.

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast

According to the distributor, only enough inventory has been shipped for 2400-2500 stores; that leaves over 1000 stores that will not be stocking the lights in the immediate future.

As Walmart is a network of regional shipping centers, inventory could be sitting, or enroute. Another possibilty is that the stores have already received the product, but it is sittting in tbe "back" room, waiting for the department manager to find a place on the shelf to stock the new item.

I visited 8 Walmarts in/around San Fernando, and Santa Clarita Valley. Only 2 had the Stanley lights, and in each instance, the HID lights were stocked behind the 2M Series Halogen, Had I not been looking to buy the HID lights, no way would I have checked behind all the packages.

For now, best thing is to ASK. Here is the UPC code 8 97450 00206 3. Any Walmart associate with computer access can tell you if the have the light, or if the light is "on order" heading to the store.

NOTE: Walmart computers add a "zero" at the beginning, and drop the "check digit" (last digit) So use 08 97450 00206 when calling.

NOTE 2: 2 of the stores that did not have the lights yesterday morning, now have the lights, my belief that inventory is just making it to the store is correct

Last edited:

NorCal2500HD

Newly Enlightened

Id be willing to ship if anyone wanted one that didnt have them in their area. I will go to the local walmart tomorrow and see how many are left.

For those who got the light, try shimming the bulb, made a night and day difference. Takes a little time but well worth it in the long run.

9x23

Enlightened

Id be willing to ship if anyone wanted one that didnt have them in their area. I will go to the local walmart tomorrow and see how many are left.

For those who got the light, try shimming the bulb, made a night and day difference. Takes a little time but well worth it in the long run.

NorCall2500HD,

That is certainly a nice gesture for those that can't find one locally.

In regards to the shim stock.....were you able to find a suitable shim stock without having to modify washers and such? I might take a stab at shimming mine since the before/after photos by BVH looks so compelling.

9x23

NorCal2500HD

Newly Enlightened

NorCall2500HD,
In regards to the shim stock.....were you able to find a suitable shim stock without having to modify washers and such? I might take a stab at shimming mine since the before/after photos by BVH looks so compelling.

Yes....I was going through my rc parts and found 4 plates to an old transmission I had laying around. They actually work pretty good, they have the cutout of the electrode.
trac9622.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.