Streamlight Nano

Skyeye

Enlightened
I just wanted to post a 1 year report on my Streamlight Nano.

I got this tiny light to wear on a necklace 24/7 as I find it most convenient to have a decent flashlight on me at all times. I have used this light at least weekly for just under a year and have hardly ever taken it off. It has never failed to work. It comes in handy when I get up nights to light the way to the porcelain room! I shower with it (yes, I do shower each day, sometimes twice) and it still performs like the day I bought it. It is still extremely bright and is running on the original batteries. Now that I have worn it so much I don't even notice it being there. I will say one thing though, you must make sure every now and then that the light don't unscrew from itself. A simple weekly check will solve that. I have had it unscrew one time since I owned it and it was while I slept. I found all four of the button batteries and put them back in. No problem.

Nano is a very useful light that can become a part of you quite easily.;)

elumen8

Enlightened
Glad to hear your Nano is handy. Every member of my family and many of my friends each have either a black or pink Nano on their keychains. These lights make for great gifts.

Now I'll see if any of my friends want to try one as a necklace too.

JB

SixM

Newly Enlightened
Glad to hear your having good results with your Nano, thanks for sharing. I carry one on a keychain and like the durability over the fauxton I had on previously.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another + for the Nano,it really is tiny and nice kit and I have the bigger brother as well plus my first decent light(Microstream) after years of those Maglites.

Big fan of Streamlight products.

GunnarGG

Enlightened
How do you guys like the beam/tint of the Nano?
I just got one but I havn't opened the blisterpac yet, I'm thinking about giving it away.
Does it look like those cheap flat DX buttoncell lights or is it better?

Skyeye

Enlightened
Gunnar, IMHO, it's the best all around micro light given it's price point. I have two, the one on my neck and one on my key chain. The one on my key chain is a few years old and even though the anodizing has all worn off, it still works flawlessly! The tint of the LED is not objectionable and on the blue side. In a completely dark outdoor setting, this little light will surprise you!:eek:
It's the best flashlight bargain out there.

SixM

Newly Enlightened
How do you guys like the beam/tint of the Nano?
I just got one but I havn't opened the blisterpac yet, I'm thinking about giving it away.
Does it look like those cheap flat DX buttoncell lights or is it better?

The tint on mine is purple, the fauxtons are more blueish.

I'm not really thrilled at all with the tint ( or any blue/ purple tint), but I don't know of any light of this size and construction with anything much better. Using mine as keychain light it's a last resort, nothing else to use, situation, so I'm not too worried about anything but having some light.
These are much better than the DX lights in that they are just as bright, maybe a touch brighter, more durable, water resistant, and no annoying side spill in your eyes like the Fauxtons. The LED is protected/ shrouded.
They are tiny and solid, a nice upgrade from the fauxtons.

GunnarGG

Enlightened
Thanks for your input, you made me open the package. :D

It's much better then the little DX light. It's not like a "real" light but I didn't expect that either.
It looks and feels good to handle and the the light it puts out is impressive for it's size and enough for the intended use.
I will buy a couple more of them as gifts, I will try to get them in pink for that

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tint on mine is purple, the fauxtons are more blueish.

I'm not really thrilled at all with the tint ( or any blue/ purple tint), but I don't know of any light of this size and construction with anything much better. Using mine as keychain light it's a last resort, nothing else to use, situation, so I'm not too worried about anything but having some light.
These are much better than the DX lights in that they are just as bright, maybe a touch brighter, more durable, water resistant, and no annoying side spill in your eyes like the Fauxtons. The LED is protected/ shrouded.
They are tiny and solid, a nice upgrade from the fauxtons.

Worth a look and purchase(I have 2) is the Energizer key chain light,very well made solid and very bright,if you live in the US,there version is multi mode where as our UK version is point and press but still a good worth while buy.

SixM

Newly Enlightened
Worth a look and purchase(I have 2) is the Energizer key chain light,very well made solid and very bright,if you live in the US,there version is multi mode where as our UK version is point and press but still a good worth while buy.

Mcnair, I know the Energizer light you speak of. :thumbsup:
I have the Nano and Energizer both on my keys ( three different set of keys) and I actually prefer the Energizer because it is brighter, multi mode, and has a nice clicky switch, dislike the sidespill though. I didn't bring it up because I'm not sure on the durability yet, it's still fairly new to me. Seems well built though, and it's really amazing the light we are getting out of these small packages nowadays. That Energizer really puts my old AAA minimag to shame, the Nano beats it soundly too, at less than 1/4 the size!!

hogger

Newly Enlightened
These leds are easy to replace with one from the shack. you will get a whiter tint. just push the led out with the dimple end of a sharpie. The led is a crimp assy. its cheap and easy.:twothumbs

Latest posts