Streamlight Stinger Color Rite

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I got the Streamlight Color Rite Stinger in the mail, I figured for how much I use my work stinger at night that it would be helpful to have another charging in the patrol car. I liked the idea of more of a color tint closer to the vintage halogen/xenon bulb brothers. So I received it in the mail and opened it up. It looks exactly like the HL version of the current stinger offerings. I turned it on and it definitely has more of a yellow tint, almost like a halogen bulb. Its very helpful when I was lighting up cars because it was easier to tell what color the car was. Mind you this is not the DS model and I have no idea if Streamlight plans on making this light in the HP version or the Ultra Stinger. Its only 500 lumens, but to my eyes it really doesnt matter. I prefer a good reflector over high lumens. I hope this helps folks.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the Streamlight Color Rite Stinger in the mail, I figured for how much I use my work stinger at night that it would be helpful to have another charging in the patrol car. I liked the idea of more of a color tint closer to the vintage halogen/xenon bulb brothers. So I received it in the mail and opened it up. It looks exactly like the HL version of the current stinger offerings. I turned it on and it definitely has more of a yellow tint, almost like a halogen bulb. Its very helpful when I was lighting up cars because it was easier to tell what color the car was. Mind you this is not the DS model and I have no idea if Streamlight plans on making this light in the HP version or the Ultra Stinger. Its only 500 lumens, but to my eyes it really doesnt matter. I prefer a good reflector over high lumens. I hope this helps folks.

I, for one will be very interested in any comments you may pass along regarding your observations during the course of using this light in your environments in the future!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the color temp for this light is listed at 3000K, which is indeed fairly warm. My experience with higher CRI lights has been with primarily 4000K range.

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I, for one will be very interested in any comments you may pass along regarding your observations during the course of using this light in your environments in the future!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the color temp for this light is listed at 3000K, which is indeed fairly warm. My experience with higher CRI lights has been with primarily 4000K range.
Honestly the light reminds me a lot of the old beam pattern of the halogen/xenon bulbs. That off white with a little yellow tinge beam.

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I figured I should upload some photos. This light puts out 500 lumens so at distance its not perfect. It is better with the light temp to pick up colors easier. Hope this helps.
20230508_205433.jpg
20230508_202156.jpg
20230508_202202.jpg

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks nice. Its good to see them offering HCRI options. I like to use my xenon Strion from time to time, or my ultra stinger and Maglite around the house. But my 3000k HCRI LED lights do pretty much just as good of a job.

When switching between a M61WLL & a LF incan head on my MDC, its almost impossible to tell the two apart.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks nice. Its good to see them offering HCRI options. I like to use my xenon Strion from time to time, or my ultra stinger and Maglite around the house. But my 3000k HCRI LED lights do pretty much just as good of a job.

When switching between a M61WLL & a LF incan head on my MDC, its almost impossible to tell the two apart.
Help me out here, since I'm (sadly) no longer in possession of my Strion incan and thus can't just flick it on for reference: About what is the color temp of that Strion Xenon? I'm guessing maybe ~3500 - 4000K - from very distant memory?

Latest posts