{{ Stuff that just works }}

markr6

Flashaholic
Rubber gloves for washing dishes and cleaning. I experimented with brands that I could only find online in quantities of a dozen so I could find a really good fit. I searched for "canning gloves" and other gloves sold for commercial use. One brand was a fail (at the size I tried) the second brand was perfect. I still have 11 of the failed gloves sitting around. I guess I'll sell them on Ebay.

Nice one! My wife laughs at me, but when I'm doing manly things like washing dishes, I have to use them :) I have dry skin and water+soap = dry cracked bloody hands. Plus, you can use much hotter water if necessary.

I like Mr. Clean Bliss gloves (Nyplex material). Large fits me, well, like a glove. I bought several packs because like everything else ever made, I'm sure they'll find a way to screw them up. I think they're about $4 for a pair. I use an older pair for dirty stuff like engine cleaning, spraying toxic chemicals, etc.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if it's available in the US, but Simple Green cleaner.
Gentle, yet works great on so many things.
Diluted it is great for soaking jewelery, watches, I spray it on my electric razor blade & scream,....

Also, hydrogen peroxide. Another great cleaner. It may sound odd, but it removes blood from clothing really well. Pet stains too, ...

There fixed it for you! :thumbsup:

Yes, US have Simple Green. Even yellow Simple Green! Antibacterial Simple Green too...Gotcha! lol :poke:

Borad

Enlightened
I like Mr. Clean Bliss gloves (Nyplex material). Large fits me, well, like a glove. I bought several packs because like everything else ever made, I'm sure they'll find a way to screw them up. I think they're about $4 for a pair.

Mine are nitrile. $2.50/pair including shipping Ansell Sol-Vex 37-175, size 10. The blue Magid gloves were also size 10 but there was no breathing space for my fingers.

2rfgcv4.jpg

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does this happen to smell like WD 40?
Another product that just works. ( Spray this on your grill of your car, polish, before a road trip. Bugs just slide off later when you wash it.
No, it's kind of hard to describe what bike spirits smells like. Doesn't smell like petro, some kind of a nice non-offensive typeless kind of smell.

Smells pretty good, really. You can use it to clean leather, glass, brass, nickle, stainless, painted surfaces, all kinds of stuff. Non-abrasive, non-corrosive.

You can clean your microwave with it.

Borad

Enlightened
The cheapest, single blade disposable razors. Multiple blades clog too much if you let your beard grow for a few days. I used to need a brush from an electric shaver to clean the blades several times during shaving. I researched the best disposables and they were multi-blades and didn't work. Then I bought 12 "BIC Sensitive" razors and they were perfect.

Speedfreakz

Newly Enlightened
Speaking of wd40. How about pb blaster? Works wonders on stuck stuff, just let it soak.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
The cheapest, single blade disposable razors. Multiple blades clog too much if you let your beard grow for a few days. I used to need a brush from an electric shaver to clean the blades several times during shaving. I researched the best disposables and they were multi-blades and didn't work. Then I bought 12 "BIC Sensitive" razors and they were perfect.
I don't do disposable, I rock a pair of straight razors. They can't clog or jam, the primary concern is proper operation. Yeah you can mess yourself up, but don't do that.

I've been using my oldest straight razor for about 10 years I guess? I love the replacement cycle... NONE! :)

Seems like it "just works" to me. :)

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

eneloops have been mentioned a few times,
my charger for AAs' sucks ____what's a simple, rock solid charger so I can get my mom rolling on them?

she already has a P60 light & 18650 charger, so its AA recharging time for her.

Borad

Enlightened
The old light bulbs. Just go in a store, get the wattage you need, and no reading fine print about whether it works in enclosed fixtures, how close to "equivalent" it is in brightness, or whether the color temperature will make your home look like a factory.

markr6

Flashaholic
The old light bulbs. Just go in a store, get the wattage you need, and no reading fine print about whether it works in enclosed fixtures, how close to "equivalent" it is in brightness, or whether the color temperature will make your home look like a factory.

LOL yeah I miss that simplicity! Clear vs frosted was about it. Don't like them? Dropped the package in the garage before you even got to use them? You're out $1.09...no big deal.

scout24

Flashaholic
Orbital- Sometimes spmple is better. The chargers that are available with the eneloops as a package deal may be just the ticket. They're dirt simple- dead cell goes in, charged cell comes out. It's no Maha, but that's the idea. And, you know they were designed to use with those cells.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
WD40 was originally a water displacer hence the WD. And appasrently was ready for prime time on it's 40th formula...least that's what I read in a magazine.

Liquid Wrench is by some studies the best at breaking stuck on bolts loose. PB being a close 2nd. But the PB is easier to find and costs way less where I hale. So we use that the most. We have some stuff called Nano that seems to be better than PB, yet costs way more and has health warnings the others don't mention about it penetrating skin.
That only gets used for stuff like old exhaust bolts that PB doesn't get it done. I keep it out of sight way up in the storage areas so not just anybody will have access.

We keep multiple cans of PB a few WD and buy Simple Green by the gallon when it's on sale.

And my supplied eneloop charger works just fine. I bought an i4 for the versatility though. Great charger and not expensive at all.

And I bought a slew of xenon incans a couple of years ago. Haven't had to change one yet. About $1.25 each. So $5'll get ya 4. They look like a regular bulb, light like a regular bulb and put out the heat (if you like that) like a regular bulb but don't go bad every 45 days...I think mine have a 2 year or 5 year guarentee...or like x number of hours.
I use 'em for table lamps to read by for the extra warmth near a window during those long winter dark days.

Last edited:

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only WD40 I have found to work is the rust soak they have out. That stuff worked wonders on an old revolver we found in a building we were cleaning out at my mammaw's. The gun was buried in boxes and in a leather holster that had rotted away. It was froze up and would not move, had big chunk of rust and was pitted pretty bad. We let it soak in the rust soak for about a week and the gun now functions and it cleaned the metal so well you can read the manufacturer name, model, patent dates, etc. It turned out o be a colt police positive in 22lr. It isn't safe to shoot but it operates.

As for breaking stuck bolts I haven't found a product better than Schaeffer Penetro 90

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use Kano Aerokroil as a penetrating oil. Not for use on finished metal surfaces, it can actually lift the surface treatment off. :)