Sunwayman C15A

Racer

Enlightened
Let's ask CEO Richard why he names the light like these! [email protected] and [email protected] (anti spam protection, you guys know the rest of the domain.) :)

Heh, I thought about it. It's more just curiosity. Like, do they think it's some hip, edgy thing? Or is there some deeper meaning? Maybe one of those Chinese logic puzzles where the more flashlights I buy, the more the meaning becomes clear? Right now "Mr. Elfin dolphin tomahawk revolution" sounds ominous, but confusing. There's just not a lot of scenarios in my mind where my first thought would be to put the word "dolphin" on a flashlight. Especially one not connected with anything maritime or oceanic. Is it a diving light? And who is Mister Elfin anyway? I'm confused...

BlackhawkB

Newly Enlightened
How many lumens with a 14500 and for how long ?

It is pretty big for a AA light, so I want to know if it is worth it

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
How many lumens with a 14500 and for how long ?

It is pretty big for a AA light, so I want to know if it is worth it

250 lumens.

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
I dont know their coupon code so $61 is correct :)

By technically not correct I mean it shouldn't be listed as such :)

BlackhawkB

Newly Enlightened
250 lumens.

Thats it
argv23.gif

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Won't it punch 400+ lumens with a 14500 battery? The circuitry of the C15A might be the same as the C10R and C20C.

What I wrote to Sunwayman is if they can come up with a XPG2 version of this light, same 400+ lumens output, better throw (since smaller led with a small reflector will throw better than a big XML with a small reflector)

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im looking forward to the C15a :eek:oo:
This'll be my new neck lanyard light ;) I like side switches, just seems right to me :)

T45

Enlightened
It's interesting. The Sunwayman model that's still at the top of my list is the M20A, closely followed by the M10A. I wish Sunwayman had a switch or setting to select the blinky mode. I would much prefer a beacon with a 3 to 5 interval. God forbid I get lost or stranded, but beacon mode would certainly help with any air rescue attempts at night.

Cheapskate

Enlightened
There's just not a lot of scenarios in my mind where my first thought would be to put the word "dolphin" on a flashlight. Especially one not connected with anything maritime or oceanic. Is it a diving light? And who is Mister Elfin anyway? I'm confused...

I seem to recall a little company called Eveready that made a light called the dolphin in Australia. It was supposed to be sealed and float, but mine leaked like a sieve.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seem to recall a little company called Eveready that made a light called the dolphin in Australia. It was supposed to be sealed and float, but mine leaked like a sieve.

Good thing this new "dolphin" has IPX8 rating! hehe :)

Racer

Enlightened

It wouldn't be very good marketing if they called it the "leaky dolphin" ;)

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Quickie size comparison:

y3y8ebys.jpg

jak

Enlightened
Buzzkill: Sunwayman C15A

Why in the world does its bigger and smaller siblings (C10R & C20R) get momentary on, and this doesn't?

Or, is mine broken?

Everything about this light was quite to my liking.
So what instead? I'd like the Olight S10 if it were AA/14500.

Last edited by a moderator:

T45

Enlightened
Here are some fast facts about this light:
1. It has a momentary on.
2. The UI of the light has a lockout mode that keeps it from accidental activation in your pocket.
3. It has a tailcap lockout on the C20C model, just losen it, no more hot pockets.
4. Dolphin...well, i too am stumped on their naming convention! haha

The UI can be a little difficult to get used to, but when you have, you HAVE it. Took me a few minutes to get to the constant on to work every time.

viperxp

Enlightened
I can write a little review on this little fellow. Is anybody interested?

Last edited:

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can write a little review on this little fellow. Is anybody interested?

YES! I would be interested. Specifically in the Dolphin 1aa model or the single 18650 model (can't find the model number for that one). I'd like to have one to attach to a manfrotto tripod rc4 plate and want to know more about how good the switch and other specs are on this light.

PS do any of you think it's likely this C15A will be upgraded to an xm-l2 since the c20c is getting that upgrade? I know they aren't exactly the same category since only a few have the 1/4 inch threading on the tail.

Last edited: