Sunwayman M11R Mr. Elfin (XM-L U2 | 1 x R/CR123) Review

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive put the M11 into the EDC rotation for 5 months now,I really like the ui.I agree with willydiggers idea to deepen the detents for a nicer ,more secure feel.,but mine has never turned on in my pocket.
After using it for a few months,I decided to get the AA adapter,an unexpected benifit of running AA if you want ,or 14500(which was my intent).
I found the Low on alkaline AA to be a super LOW moonlight mode!

I would say its at least half of my thrunite T20 (firefly 0.09lumens 195hours)So if you want a great low Moonlight mode this will be lower than most!

naked2

Enlightened
Got mine; don't like it! :shakehead Horrible beam, as anticipated, although hoped against. Insulator ring around (+) terminal rattles in the head; checked two small screws and they were tight :confused:. Turns on to low clipped to my pocket; third time it happened, it ran my SolarForce 16340 'til it tripped the protection circuit before I noticed :thumbsdow(never got hot, due to low low).

Tried it for a couple of days with my V10A 17500 body, which obviously ends the accidental turn-on, but I can't use the Elf body with the V head. :( Although low is super low, high isn't that impressive, and certainly no brighter than my V10A. :shakehead Also, for my taste, medium is way too close to high, leaving a huge gap between low and medium, compared to what I'm used to with my V10A.:candle:

Will be sending it back ASAP. I think I'll just continue to love my V10A 17500, although I'll attempt to improve the dampness of its ring.

T45

Enlightened
Ive put the M11 into the EDC rotation for 5 months now,I really like the ui.I agree with willydiggers idea to deepen the detents for a nicer ,more secure feel.,but mine has never turned on in my pocket.
After using it for a few months,I decided to get the AA adapter,an unexpected benifit of running AA if you want ,or 14500(which was my intent).
I found the Low on alkaline AA to be a super LOW moonlight mode!

I would say its at least half of my thrunite T20 (firefly 0.09lumens 195hours)So if you want a great low Moonlight mode this will be lower than most!

I lego'd my M11R head to my M10A body and the low is firefly low Like Paul6ppca says. I had found the M11R turned on low once in my pocket, but with the M10A body and switch that won't happen. I like the UI. I lost my Maratac AA a while back and this setup is a great replacement. I can select the level I want with the selector ring with one hand.