Sunwayman / SunwayLed

grrr925

Newly Enlightened
new to lights overall, but i picked up a v10r ti at the recommendation of a friend. it was an older one, which i was told had a great build quality, and i carry this as an off the clock edc daily. i cant speak to the line-up, but as someone who is new to lights, who initially shyed away due to "sticker shock," i have come around and found i really appreciate build quality and the brightness adjust.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tend to agree with Egrep...none of the smaller series lights should be considered as an optional Weapon light...primarily because they have only one spring keeping the battery in contact. Recoil would likely beat the positive button into the cell after a few rounds and who knows if it would still work after that. It's a shame really as their size would make them great handgun lights...lighter weight and all. Not having any sort of remote switch attachment also makes it difficult.

That doesn't mean however that they would not serve well used with a handgun...as in "Harries" or "Rogers" technique.

Roood

Newly Enlightened
@lightfooted - hmmm never thought of that, yes there is no spring on the bezel end, i think i would still test it on a handgun. we already bought a mount for it so it should look good on a glock. :)

egrep

Enlightened
@lightfooted - hmmm never thought of that, yes there is no spring on the bezel end, i think i would still test it on a handgun. we already bought a mount for it so it should look good on a glock. :)

It's not for 'looking good' that one has a handgun. Nor why one mounts a light to one. Also, while the V10R would be small on a rifle or shotgun, it seems it would be insanely large for any sidearm. Still, if it's costume jewelery then all's fair.

That doesn't mean however that they would not serve well used with a handgun...as in "Harries" or "Rogers" technique.

Agreed likewise.

new to lights overall, but i picked up a v10r ti at the recommendation of a friend. it was an older one, which i was told had a great build quality, and i carry this as an off the clock edc daily. i cant speak to the line-up, but as someone who is new to lights, who initially shyed away due to "sticker shock," i have come around and found i really appreciate build quality and the brightness adjust.

I'd say that was good advice. :) Having owned a light from each run I've seen these lights offer less and less. You got a good one, Sir!

Last edited:

Roood

Newly Enlightened
It's not for 'looking good' that one has a handgun. Nor why one mounts a light to one. Also, while the V10R would be small on a rifle or shotgun, it seems it would be insanely large for any sidearm. Still, if it's costume jewelery then all's fair.

matching the sidearm would be a plus, but the mount we have makes it easy for the user to activate the light. it is sort of an offset mount. yes the v10r would be a bit long though.

@lightfooted: come to think of it, the OLight M20 have the same spring or terminals and it is able to handle recoil very well, then there shouldnt be any problem with the V11R or V20C???

fishndad

Enlightened
Philippines? Sunawayman? Really? Seriously?
How many flashaholics exist in your country who are willing to pay SWM prices?
If you dont mind selling low numbers of your stocked SWM products, then okay. Otherwise I would try to sell other reputable brands which are less expensive and even more popular with "everyone" incl military and LEO's.

Wow very optimistic of you.becouse everyone in the us and uk can afford a Macs custom.
Why so harsh the phillipines is a very up to date and modernized country.
Ive been there and south korea and england.But ill let you SHELM enlighten the rest of us on international business

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
See if you can get SWM to correct some their website specs...Selfbuilt's test of a couple M-series lights show lows, spec'd at 4 lms, to be more like 0.4 lms, + a few other overstatements.