Votes: 13 9.3%
  • Terrible new name

Votes: 127 90.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

excfenix

Newly Enlightened
Sunwayman reminds me of some skinny African desert man with a flashlight. It doesn't matter to me much, as I didn't know their previous name was Sunwayled. It's fine actually. What I really don't want them to change is their logo/emblem and flashlight marks. 'Looks clean.

Rokron

Newly Enlightened
:confused: So what was wrong with Sunwayled? It's a great name for a great product. There's Sunwayfoto so how about Sunwaylite. Sunwayman??? :shakehead NO! BTW Sunwayfoto has some real nice photo equipment.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
LoL I think they changed it for legal purposes. As far as product quality, after reading about there latest XML models, I'll be getting one. The only way I wouldn't buy one is if they called themselves FairyFire or fendyFire etc.
Look sharp and the name is smooth and unique enough in the flashlight world. ;)
Keep up the great work Sunwayman :thumbsup:

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Reminds me of Gerber. Im a huge knife fan and collector, but a Gerber will never make it into my collection because i strongly associate with baby stuff...

I agree on sunwayman too, the name kept them out of my collection intil i discovered the v10r ti... And that one is so good i now have four Sunwaymen.. :) But i much prefer the abbreviation SWM.

nanucq

Newly Enlightened
As long as they make great products (and they DO !!), they can change to FartLight or SproutNite if they want :D
When i buy a flashlight, i don't really care of the company name, or i'll never have bought a Zebralight.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
As long as they make great products (and they DO !!), they can change to FartLight or SproutNite if they want :D
When i buy a flashlight, i don't really care of the company name, or i'll never have bought a Zebralight.

:thumbsup:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Sunwayman has the best build quality & most innovative designs of any light made right now*

{I don't judge either way of things like book cover, movie name, CD art, ect.. ect...}

*they just need to sell separately those Titanium tailswitches for the V10R:goodjob:

DimmerD

Enlightened
The name Sunwayman doesn't bother me at all, it's just a word.
I have a customer that sells air conditioners and one of their top selling brands is Rheem, now that has always bothered me!

bobbagum

Newly Enlightened
Now the name stood out more, I'll always remember it as the Chinese guy with the funny name but he makes such nicely anodized light now.

I can never place the difference between say, Nitecore, Jetbeam, Eagletac or Thrunite, plus they are all corny, I couldn't bring myself to say the brand of these light if my friends were to ask me I'd say some Chinese company, Fenix is the exception though, even better than Surefire even, in my Opinion.

How the name sounds to the uninitiated is very important, that's why cars companies and such paid serious money to research names and makes sure that it'll sounds right in all languages. Companies like Lexicon are big in this industry, with people paid to dream up fancy name and measure reaction in audiences etc... look it up for an interesting read.

egrep

Enlightened
I'm amazed this thread hasn't been closed like so many similar threads on the same or very similar subjects. I'll have to read through closely to find the nuanced difference.

SunwayLED does make more 'sense' to me, but a rose by any other name. As long as they don't call themselves something I can neither pronounce nor spell I'm OK with it. :)

DM51

Flashaholic
As names go, there are many that might qualify as a great deal worse than Sunwayman.

egrep is right; this old horse of a thread has been beaten long enough. It's closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.