Surefire’s 2009 New Lights Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

danpass

Newly Enlightened
Re: New Surefire LED lights at SHOT

yeah, you'd think with all this time they could get more out of it.....

Actually I was thinking 'not bad at all' ......... if its regulated in some way to put out 120lumens for 2hrs

the way the current A2 is regulated to go full bore for 1hr (and still leave juice for the LEDs)

Jackal112203

Newly Enlightened

In the 2008 catalog there were no specs in the back for the E1e, is it the same for this catalog? I really hope they don't discontinue the E1e. Does anyone know if they are planning on this?

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast

Probably - as nice a package as the E1E is, the performance just doesn't match the E1L or E1B.

-Trevor

Shawn L

Newly Enlightened

In the 2008 catalog there were no specs in the back for the E1e, is it the same for this catalog? I really hope they don't discontinue the E1e. Does anyone know if they are planning on this?

I don't see the E1E in the catolog.

flash_bang

Enlightened

Actually I was thinking 'not bad at all' ......... if its regulated in some way to put out 120lumens for 2hrs

the way the current A2 is regulated to go full bore for 1hr (and still leave juice for the LEDs)
is it 2 hrs regulated or 2 hrs to battery depletion? I was thinking it was depletion since that's how all their other lights are rated.

jchoo

Enlightened

is it 2 hrs regulated or 2 hrs to battery depletion? I was thinking it was depletion since that's how all their other lights are rated.

Sounds like an E2DL with A2 style switching and a floody low. I can dig it.

ugrey

Enlightened

If I remember correctly, we did not have even catalog photos until after the show last year. CPF ought to fund, or partially fund, someone to go to the show, get a catalog and then post photos. That would be their job.

Zeige

Enlightened

If I remember correctly, we did not have even catalog photos until after the show last year. CPF ought to fund, or partially fund, someone to go to the show, get a catalog and then post photos. That would be their job.

This is "news" to us! Our members should get Press passes imo :D

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting my hands on this updated A2...:D

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just can't believe there are no pics yet. I really want to see the M3L and M3TL. I wonder if they did anything to the M4, like an M4L....

Maybe this thread should be stickied, at least temporarily.

Qoose

Enlightened

So much news and info, or at least potential info in the air... and I will be out of town and disconnected?!?

Why... I'm going to die from information starvation. Or it will be like overfeeding a starving man.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sounds like an E2DL with A2 style switching and a floody low. I can dig it.
That's what I was thinking, but maybe also that it has less efficient Neutral or warm SSC's since it is replacing the nearly iconic A2 incan. Might be another reason for separate LEDs.

It seemed like weeks waiting for photos last year.

Long RunTime

Enlightened

popcorn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts