Surefire 660 pressure switch rubber peeling

ScruffyElephant

Newly Enlightened
Hello! I am a new member with a question. I'm a big Surefire collector and I have few on hand for various clone rifle builds. This one has had some of the rubber torn off due to age. What is the best way of filling in the gaps? Using JB Weld RTV and shrink wrap?

FAA7BD57-6B16-4F59-819C-BFF5CE1BE45F.jpeg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
No offense, that looks like a dog either chewed on it, or it has seen serious use in war.

+1 for contacting SureFire, first. See if they're willing to help you before doing any type of DIY repair job on it.

ScruffyElephant

Newly Enlightened
No offense, that looks like a dog either chewed on it, or it has seen serious use in war.

+1 for contacting SureFire, first. See if they're willing to help you before doing any type of DIY repair job on it.
Definitely wasn't a dog because a dog can do much worse. Haha.
I believe it came off a police trade-in rifle. It was already cracked and a piece of rubber fell off just recently. Cosmetics don't bother me because it's going to get painted.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Shrink wrap should work well. Heck you could fill in the gaps with Elmers glue and trowel it to a smooth finish first. I like E 6000 as is will self level like Elmers glue yet becomes a somewhat flexible epoxy when cured over night.