Surefire 6P Original with factory double O-ring seal

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Yes. What is the size you use. I don't put a second o ring in mine as it makes it VERY tight and hard to turn on.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
The N on the 6PN is for "Navy" or in simpler terms has an increased depth rating. I had one of these at one time but never used it. If I knew Surefire would be going the way they have in the last couple years or so I d have hung on to it.
Now the only ones I have are the 1200 lumen M6LT and the UDR Dominator

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. What is the size you use. I don't put a second o ring in mine as it makes it VERY tight and hard to turn on.
My personal specs:
1. 1.9x17.8mm (thickness x ID) for lower groove. If you put another one of these onto the upper groove then yes the tailcap will be hard to turn. Also poses problem with battery extensions in that prolonged installation of such extenders would render them VERY hard to unscrew due to the o-rings re-expanding inside.
2. 1.78x17.4mm (thickness x ID) pref. for upper groove. Can be used on both grooves for slightly looser and easier tailcap turning.

For general usage I'd recommend a mixture of (1) for lower groove and (2) for upper groove.

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
I'd never take a 6P diving so no need to worry one o'ring or two. Chances are if it gets dropped in a pond of more than 3 meters it will be a 6P I used to own.

If it was on when you dropped it and you don't mind jumping in the water, you'd have a serious chance of finding it. Granted pond water is kinda icky... Maybe it depends on what's more valuable to you, the clothes you're wearing or the 6P.... If that 6P is running a Malkoff dropin, depending on which one you're running, you'll probably have time to go home, get your swim suit, come back, and the light will still be on and waiting to be rescued. HAHA!