Surefire C3 Serial Number Registry

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
Anybody have new C3's to add to the list? I continuously watch the big auction site and rarely see them come up for sale these days.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
My HIII Natural C3 body is presently out at Precisionworks for boring. I've bored out my own P and D bodies and A14 and A19 extenders but don't have confidence in my hand-held tools to avoid getting too close to the flats on my C3. I, too have a KL3 head, but this one was recently modded by Vesture of Fire to run an XHP-50 without current limits on 2 cells. VoF measured it at 2200 Lumens on high. I'll use a HAIII Natural A19 clone with dual grip rings to enable use of a pair of 18650's. Tailcap will alternate between my RPM tailcap with McClickie or the stock C3 tailcap with a replaced 10A Judco switch built into a typical threaded brass holder I will shortly receive from Dell Superman.

My C3 was NOS when I bought it > 6 years ago. I don't yet know the SN. I hadn't seen this thread previously, but was a little surprised by the 3 and 4 flat discussions. I thought that my light only had 2 flats, but will look closer upon its return.

At present the C3 tailcap is a standard twisty with "Surefire USA" across the top and the Website at the bottom. Certainly newer than my three old "Surefire 3P" tailcaps or two old "Surefire 9P" tailcaps which have the light model designation and "Laser Products Fountain Valley, Ca." across the tailcap. BTW, I have little use for these old tailcaps since they aren't compatible with the threaded brass inserts of aftermarket clickies.

Edit: I just read all the posts closely. I hadn't realized that the small flat under the clip was to be counted. I think mine is thus a 3-flat model.

Last edited:

Illusionist

Newly Enlightened
Figured I would have this one put on the old registry!

A15615

It looks black to me and four flat? I'm not 100% sure if you are just counting the sides for that?

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
A017280 older C3-BK 4 flats (but no crosshairs logo)

A020486 older C3-HA 4 flats (but no crosshairs logo)

sidfishez

Newly Enlightened
Just to squeeze one more C3 in before New Years. A three flats, Crosshairs logo A000048 in Black.

sidfishez

Newly Enlightened
I'll do my best to get photos up. I don't have a hosting site for photos yet. I can see this might get interesting since I am a new member.
photo.php
Well that didn't work....

ven

Flashaholic
I'll do my best to get photos up. I don't have a hosting site for photos yet. I can see this might get interesting since I am a new member.
photo.php

imgur may be an easy option, free to sign up. Upload via phone or computer, BBCode of the pic is what you want to click on(to copy). Then paste here, check the code with the go advanced button next to your post quick reply. You should see your pic appear, if happy post.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
photo.php

With tiny pic you don't need a hosting site account. I think they ask you for an email address and to name a password if you want to store your pix there...

You go to tinypic dot com and you'll see an upload page. Press the upload button, choose your photo and answer the question they ask you (to show you're not a bot).

Then you'll see some links with descriptions below. Highlight the link for "forums", choose copy then come back here and long press a blank 'reply' screen to see the word 'paste', then touch that... done.

Last edited:

sidfishez

Newly Enlightened
Here are the rest of my C3's with serials.

A009512 4 flats BK three pat's
A010489 4 flats BK
A016605 4 flats HA
A017860 4 flats HA
A019311 4 flats BK
A021863 4 flats BK
A023728 4 flats BK
A023806 4 flats BK
A023917 4 flats BK

IMG_3181_zpskztekbz0.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited: