Surefire E2E and Outdoorsman

stuart

Newly Enlightened
Louis got it right. Going from distant memory but I think the ribbed head was my first e2 upgrade. Want to say it was either 17 or 25 lumens. The head on the outdoorsman looks to have a domed lense, if so I think it was the ribbed heads replacement and may have been around 40 lumens. I remember they both had an extremely purplish tint.

stuart

Newly Enlightened
Also, had an outdoorsman with the bezel up long clip. That one was the first 2 stage. I think it was 60 high 3 low. I miss my flat sided e2 as well. My first surefire back around 2003. Kind of glad I sold it to avoid any deep emotional attachments in case something happens to it. Its hard enough as it is to part with lights even without the attachment.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dearly miss my incandescent E2e. I quite literally bonded with it when I landed on it after being thrown from a moving car. Good times.
I hope it wasn't like in Parenthood where the guy get's thrown out of a car and the dad says "Who did that?", he says"Friends" and the dad says 'Friends normally stop"
Tom Hulce and Jason Robards, I think.
P

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope it wasn't like in Parenthood..
P

Very close except that it was a Mustang convertible going faster. The road subtracted quite a lot of skin from me but only a little anodizing from the flashlight. The bulb didn't even break. They built them right in those days. As much as I miss that light, I don't recall what became of it. I sold a number of SFs circa 2009, so maybe it was among them. Anyways, I remember it fondly.

Threads like this one crop up from time to time. My advice is always to keep your vintage Surefires, especially the incandescent ones. If I had one today, it might displace anything else in my pocket, at least for a while.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I absolutely understand what you mean about getting attached to a certain light. I had a A2 god, 15 years ago. Loved that thing. Went on a lot of ghost hunts with me. Sold it for some stupid reason and a few years back decided I better get another one. It was identical in every way. But it wasn't the same. I never got the same feel with it that I got when I used my old one. Sounds crazy but never use it.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!

The lights are worth $10. I'll give you you $20! Just kidding.

kelmo

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
My owners manuals for 4-rib KL1s show a graph of a whopping 17 lumens output. Later catalogs for no-rib KL1s state 30 lumens output, and I think they changed to SSC LEDs.

Latest posts