Surefire Hellfighter5

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Most likely. I see iy somewhat frequently on long runs.
Yes that is exactly what it was as it vanished after about 20 minutes or so after i shut the light down. That is the first time i ever ran a light so long so had no idea..

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bulbmogul, you can insert desiccant packs into the light and they'll pull the humidity from the light. Leave them inside for a day or two and store the light that way.

If you've got access to a low temperature oven, remove the battery from the light and bake at 100-120f for a few hours and insert battery and close up the light. Do not bake with battery inside or exceed 120f.

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Bulbmogul, you can insert desiccant packs into the light and they'll pull the humidity from the light. Leave them inside for a day or two and store the light that way.

If you've got access to a low temperature oven, remove the battery from the light and bake at 100-120f for a few hours and insert battery and close up the light. Do not bake with battery inside or exceed 120f.
Don't think I will be tossing my $4500.00 H5 into a oven..! :)

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
What NoNotAgain is describing is more like one of those fruit dehydrators where there is a small heating element just to raise the temp a little and lower the humidity, and a fan to move the air around. Never gets up to more than around 120°.

bulbmogul

Enlightened
What NoNotAgain is describing is more like one of those fruit dehydrators where there is a small heating element just to raise the temp a little and lower the humidity, and a fan to move the air around. Never gets up to more than around 120°.

Only happened that one time and never again.. What i don't understand is why is there not more interest in the Surefire Hellfighter 5 HID Light..? This is one heck of a sweet light..!

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only happened that one time and never again.. What i don't understand is why is there not more interest in the Surefire Hellfighter 5 HID Light..? This is one heck of a sweet light..!
Biggest reason is price and coming up with a good portable power supply. It also is a rather large light just to be carrying around. Not to many of us have large caliber guns that we need to mount a light on either. :)

bulbmogul

Enlightened
I was just now on the SUREFIRE WEBSITE and noticed the absence of a Hellfighter5. Can this light like the Arc2-8C be out of production? I never heard of anyone else here or pretty much anywhere ever talk about or show their Surefire Hellfighter5. Must be short lived and quite happy i got my hands on a brand new one..

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
From yer boastin' in yer postin'...:) Maybe you should get yourself a can or two of your 18K....no 24K Gold, redwood-tinted stain and a paintbrush and improve the appearance of your deck where the H5 has obviously done a grand job
of stripping the paint! My, a USEFUL light and activity for you bm! I generally use my 2nd hand (They call him second-hand Karl....) Sears 22.65 watt "Basto-away" paint heat gun for such activities but then again, I'm not bm!

Karl

Last edited:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Budget friendly"????!! Shame, shame!!! Such foul words for one who sneers at thoughts of such verbiage as "on a budget", "discounted", and, (GASP!!) "two for one"!!!!! By the by....Did you....nah...get TWO for ONE!!!! Wadda deal!!!:eek:

Karl

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guess all the deck paint removal jobs have been completed! Just in time for the Summer!:thumbsup:

Karl

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast

bulbmogul

Enlightened

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey BM, some of the folks here, sledhead, scout24 and I (others to come?) are informally planning s field testing of some of our retina-burning lights. No doubt you'll need some insurance to drag your lights into the field but, give some consideration to showing up---be sure to bring the Hassey , Leicas and all the other goodies so we can record what we have both the "users" and, the "unobtainables"!! We'd all sure like ta meet ya!!:party::grouphug:

Karl

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Mein gott im himmel!

I'd love to get one... If only it didn't cost over 5x what I paid for my car...!

I've always loved the hell fighters, super cool looking lights, and now that it's self contained even more appealing.

Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see some pics outside!

I don't think its possible to buy a BNIB one anymore as they appear to have been removed from Surefire Website. Does not appear as they sold to many of these at all and best chance would be to search ebay for a used one..

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Same as with my Hellfighter5 with battery installed inside the unit, how does one preserve battery life when this is used very little at all.. Quite honestly no more then 1 hour per year...