Surefire Hellfighter5

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same as with my Hellfighter5 with battery installed inside the unit, how does one preserve battery life when this is used very little at all.. Quite honestly no more then 1 hour per year...

Long term storage of Lion batteries should not be done fully charged. More like 30%. Should also be stored in the freezer or fridge.
In your case the best is to not buy batteries at all, just run off of a D.C. power supply.
And to think, you also bought spare battery packs, for what purpose ?

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Long term storage of Lion batteries should not be done fully charged. More like 30%. Should also be stored in the freezer or fridge.
In your case the best is to not buy batteries at all, just run off of a D.C. power supply.
And to think, you also bought spare battery packs, for what purpose ?

I had no idea but these heaps of HID I bought are all now 5 years old and wow where did that time go..I always leave them about 1/2 when we leave for the Emerald isle for 8 months out of the year.. Looks like batteries are holding up ok so far..they have had very few charge cycles put to them for sure

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
See my post (Arc-2 HID thread) about batteries in this section responding to you, bulbmogul.

Last edited:

bulbmogul

Enlightened
I am really curious as to how many of these Hellfighter5's Surefire actually sold..? I would think very very few of these were were ever produced and sold. I have not yet to this day ever seen a used one forsale anywhere. Yes there is lots of Hellfighters on the market used forsale but not the Hellfighter5.. I just looked at what I paid for that thing and i guess I can see why...

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am really curious as to how many of these Hellfighter5's Surefire actually sold..? I would think very very few of these were were ever produced and sold. I have not yet to this day ever seen a used one forsale anywhere. Yes there is lots of Hellfighters on the market used forsale but not the Hellfighter5.. I just looked at what I paid for that thing and i guess I can see why...

Your Serial Number could be a good indication. I would bet less than 100 total units.
Maybe even less than 20.

bulbmogul

Enlightened
In light of that, I would bet only 10-20 units.

really quite honestly useless in todays world of lighting but except for a collector type person I guess.. I am happy i bought it but surely not many people would find much interest in one..

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
really quite honestly useless in todays world of lighting but except for a collector type person I guess.. I am happy i bought it but surely not many people would find much interest in one..

Not many also own a 50 cal that it would be ideally mated with, since it can be mounted using the picatinny rail feature.

BVH

Flashaholic

I'd say the same about my collection of lights. But I never sell any of them with the exception of those I have duplicate or triplicate of. I love just having them in my garage cabinets and lighting them up annually or so.

bulbmogul

Enlightened
I'd say the same about my collection of lights. But I never sell any of them with the exception of those I have duplicate or triplicate of. I love just having them in my garage cabinets and lighting them up annually or so.

Well after being gone 5+ Months in Sri Lanka and just returning back home last Sunday and the first thing I did was check to see if my HID's all were here and in working order...:) Batteries seem to be holding up quite well plus they hardly do get any run time on them... No interest in selling my heaps either but have not really added anything new or wild in the HID stuff....

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Howdie folks and yes still kicking with my 3 old flame throwers still intact and appearing all to be working ok... Happy to still own the shelf queens and dust them off on occasion while back in USA during the summer time...

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you ever decide to sell those, there are probably some Texas ranchers down near the border that would take them off your hands. I have a feeling they sure could put them to good use. ;)

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
What good is a light to spot them, if you can't do anything about it ? "Brandon" has made sure of that.

bulbmogul

Enlightened
Welcome back. Your still the only guy I know with a Hellfighter 5 . One scarce animal.
Thanks and my Hellfighter5 is still here on my shelf or in the safe when I am gone..:)
79753CD3-3334-4160-B571-81430FC879A5_1_105_c.jpeg