Surefire M4 and Hog Hunting

Ranocchio

Newly Enlightened
Hi to all, I am searching a flashlight to use a scope Mount light for hog control.
I have seen the M4 Devastator from Surefire, what do you think about?
I have it in my mind because it looks great, I love its design and IMHO there is the possibility to buy it at a good price(I have seen them around 100$) more over it has enough power to the usage.

Fuchshp

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M4 really is a great light. Yesterday after nightfall I went with my family for a walk into the woods behind the house. My children hat LED lights (Girl: PD35 - 850 Lumen, Boy: 4Sevens - 780 Lumen). The M4 with a 20W bulb in a Tad Customs bi pin socket was much more useful then their LED lights. And it throws much better too.

The only complaint I have is the switch. Maybe one day I'll change it with an aftermarket switch.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would look at Mtn Electronics and peak at the Maxtoch M24 Sniper. I mounted a dedomed (over version) of the light on a .17hmr for predator hunting. The light out throws my night time shooting skills. lol Plus, it runs on 18650 cells. Not primary CR123's. If you hunt all night, feeding that M4 is gonna get expensive. Heck, even a Convoy C8 will out do that big old M4. Besides, I think the M4 came out in the Black Powder days?? (Just picking. Keep in mind, this advice is coming from a Surefire fan).

Now for real hog control, you may want to the the Surefire Vampire IR light and get you a IR scope. That is how I did it last time. I would never go back to the ole normal flashlight. I know it is expensive to set up, but if you hunt often, it is crazy fun. You will have a freezer full of ribs and bacon! Go look up some of the Night Vision hog hunts on youtube.

Welcome to the forum.

Ranocchio

Newly Enlightened
Thank you to all for the answer.I will try to describe better the situation:I am from Italy, and for me the hog are wild boar and here both Maxtoch and Vampire are very expensive, Maxtoch isn't foundable the vampire is over 300 euro and it is not clear if we can use IR.The cost of batteries is not important because i need that light two second before and two after the shoot and it's very difficult to shoot more than one time at night.I am thinking on a M4 Devastator because i can buy from around 100 euro and put on my standard rifle scope with a red filter and use it when it is necessary, do you have some suggestion/opinion?

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can score one for that cheap you won't be disappointed,
They are a wonderful light, and you can run LED towers from Lumens Factory... Or better Incan bulbs as well from them.

I highly recommend the M4, feels great in the hand and has some options also.

My next step would be to have mine bored out to have the option for 18650s BUT I have Leef bodies for that so my M4 stays the way it is.