SureFire Product History Thread

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
Nice catch Eddie, I did not, thx. for the head's up.

No problem at all! I ordered a couple sets of the earbud holders to see how well they work, running with the Apple ones means tucking them over my ears from behind with the wire being held down with my glasses and the whole thing under a knit hat so they don't fall out. With summer coming I am hoping these do the trick so I can listen to my cheap little radio while I go for a run!

thecaretaker

Newly Enlightened
Not very much in love with surefire. I had the opportunity to check one of them at a friends' lodge, and its not that special.. If you take into consideration the high price (100$+-) it is definitely worth the money and in fact what you are really paying for its the brand.

traveldog

Newly Enlightened
Hi forum: I am having trouble with the switch assembly for an older 9n lite. I have the part that contacts the thumb pad, but nothing between that part and the battery. Worse yet, I have the manual but is says nothing about the switch. Does anyone here know where I can buy a new switch assembly or what parts I need? Please help.
-traveldog

hh4whiskey

Newly Enlightened
Didn't Surefire come from Laser Products? I've got some older weapons lights and mounts that have combined markings: Surefire and Laser Products.

LAMPARITA

Enlightened
Not very much in love with surefire. I had the opportunity to check one of them at a friends' lodge, and its not that special.. If you take into consideration the high price (100$+-) it is definitely worth the money and in fact what you are really paying for its the brand.

Surefire ($100++) it's only a must have for collectors or for people who get off on having multiple over-priced American made lights branded with a name that is as much a status symbol as anything else. I totally get the made in America part, there's nothing wrong with taking some pride in that and supporting your own economy, but let's not forget that Surefire are gouging people for the privilege, which violates the noble sentiments in that equation just a little bit. Still, if you've got that sort of money to throw around, I guess it doesn't matter so much, but in the mean time, I just stick to my good old Surefire Nitrolon G2 and 6P, both model are good enough for me, built like a tank and at a very affordable prices.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Surefire ($100++) it's only a must have for collectors or for people who get off on having multiple over-priced American made lights branded with a name that is as much a status symbol as anything else. I totally get the made in America part, there's nothing wrong with taking some pride in that and supporting your own economy, but let's not forget that Surefire are gouging people for the privilege, which violates the noble sentiments in that equation just a little bit. Still, if you've got that sort of money to throw around, I guess it doesn't matter so much, but in the mean time, I just stick to my good old Surefire Nitrolon G2 and 6P, both model are good enough for me, built like a tank and at a very affordable prices.

I'm confused.

Are you bashing them, as "overpriced status symbols" ( really, a flashlight as status symbol ??? ) ...

or commending them, as "good enough, built like a tank and very affordable" ...

? :thinking:

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought myself a round bodied Surefire 6P, it has been used but is in reasonable condition. It came with it's original box and paperwork.

I was surprised that it has 'DEUTSCHLAND' printed on the tailcap, was this done for any other countries?

The paperwork appears to date the flashlight from 1999.

I carried Surefire lights for about 20 years so this one will remind me how far we've come with modern lights.

Surefire%206P%20Round%20body%20lit_zpsy0t8dlwv.jpg

Surefire%206P%20Round%20body%20tailcap_zpsgr459bs7.jpg

Surefire%206P%20Round%20body%20box_zpsqdau8khu.jpg

Surefire%206P%20Round%20body%20papers_zpswd1uyo5q.jpg

I stopped using incan bulbs when SF released the P60L and I'd forgotten how orange the incan's were!

ven

Flashaholic
Great thread:cool:, thanks for the info/time it must have took. Will have to read through a few times to try and absorb some of it............:)
Must admit i am late to the party and my collection is meager(more for p60) but i love them. Many factors, the history, the made in USA side,military side and of course they make one of the best hosts.

Nice addition Dave, will keep an eye out in the future.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Realizing this isn't earth shattering news that will cause the planet to wobble without it but.

I have 2 EB1c lights with vastly different looks in the writing that may help others discover a 2013 from an 014.
Maybe SureFire changed mid year, or perhaps week to week...

The silver one is an 013 and the black one an 014.

Font type and size here

Besides font notice patent numbers

Again font but note serial number locations

Font size and type differ

Optics are nearly identical though

Engine mount is a bit different.

Other than that all are pretty close in appearance.
Tint was noticeably warmer in the 014 with more 'golden', almost Malkoff neutral tone and no hint of green... at least in the one I acquired.

Last edited:

Landonb

Newly Enlightened
Good lights bought a few of these 20 yrs plus ago,
@ police supply store they always had good choices of all models
they were the best of the best , turbo head was favorite
now there in a shoe box somewhere in the attic

xxRangerxx

Newly Enlightened
This was awesome in helping me catch up. I've been using google a ton trying to figure out what all the "codes" for the common flashlight lingo mean lol