Surefire Stiletto Pro

LucioRaffaelli

Newly Enlightened

Ok for 1000 lumens, when you need POWER...

BUT 25 lumens in low, it's too much in my opinion, the request wanted 25 ? Is it a technical issues ?

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]

[/FONT]
ok for 1000 lumens, when you need power, it's always enjoy, but 25 in low power, it's too much in my opinion and you what do you think? I know everything is studied at Surefire,

LucioRaffaelli

Newly Enlightened
Who's right ?? Surefire or Surefire ?

Ok for 1000 lumens, when you need POWER...

BUT 25 lumens in low, it's too much in my opinion, the request wanted 25 ? Is it a technical issues ?

Who's right ?? Surefire or Surefire ?

Like the Stiletto, the Stiletto Pro also features a 250-lumen medium output and a 5-lumen low output
https://surefire.news/shot-show-2019-surefire-debuts-new-products-new-presence/

SureFire New Stiletto Pro, Fury IntelliBeam and SF18650B - 2019 SHOT Show

At 2:55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehoAU-jVrMk&t=168s

Last edited:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty excited to get the Pro today and compared to the standard Stiletto you can definitely feel the difference in weight holding it in your hand, will unbox later tonight.
13bf778bc9b453f9d62e7525bc86cc9c.jpg

LucioRaffaelli

Newly Enlightened
Pretty excited to get the Pro today and compared to the standard Stiletto you can definitely feel the difference in weight holding it in your hand, will unbox later tonight.
13bf778bc9b453f9d62e7525bc86cc9c.jpg

Do the 25 lumens seem to you 4 times the power of the basic Stiletto? Or is it the Stiletto that is underated at 5 lumens? Thank you !!Funny question, does it taste good? :) Because I often put my Stiletto in my mouth, rather between my teeth when I needed my two hands ...moreover it must be less hard with the rubber finish ...

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do the 25 lumens seem to you 4 times the power of the basic Stiletto? Or is it the Stiletto that is underated at 5 lumens? Thank you !!Funny question, does it taste good? :) Because I often put my Stiletto in my mouth, rather between my teeth when I needed my two hands ...moreover it must be less hard with the rubber finish ...
That is a great question I was just comparing the low modes outside and no the Pro does not "seem" to be 5x more like 1.5x brighter BUT with a nice hotspot. The regular Stiletto has no hot spot so if you want a nice hotspot on low with slightly brighter spill the Pro is better on low in my opinion.

The Pro specs claim 25lm for 23.5 hours while basic model is 5lm for 30hrs. So for me the slight loss of runtime in low is worth the brighter spill and the nice hotspot. The tint on the Pro is about the same as the standard model, I bought two Stiletto Pro's one for me and another as a gift and being able to turn them on through the package the two had the exact same color tint. I mention this because I generally prefer a pure white tint and when I bought my regular Stileto I bought it in a store and was able to check the tint before I bought it and all I checked had the same yellowish tint except one I finally found one that is slightly on the blue spectrum. As you can see in pic the Pro has the same package but I ordered straight from Surefire and got what I got but I'm actually satisfied with the tint it's great outdoors. I guess if you wait and purchase locally you might find a cooler tint if that is your flavor but it may be like finding a [emoji882].

It looks like the Pro is running the same emitter as the standard model which I think is XM-L and they have a tendacy to be slightly yellow especially on low modes but I would not call it a bad tint I would say it's more on the yellow nuetral than a cool blue. It's not my favorite tint in doors but outside especially on medium and high it's a very nice looking tint. I actually had to smile when I first clicked into high mode because of the fantastic output and the nice tint and I will admit after all these years of buying lights I guess I'm a little tough to impress but seeing a Stiletto light up my front yard so bright and colorful the Pro certainly had me a little giddy.

My opinion the biggest thing to prepare for is the extra weight and diameter of the bezel, the slim lightweight standard Stiletto is really why I've fallen so faithful to the Stiletto as my main EDC light and some of that is missing with the Pro with it's added bulk however I think I can adjust and I really want to because this output is a beast on high especially with the hotspot and like I mentioned the tint is very nice outdoors.

Will see how it goes I just need to carry it for a week or two and hope the added bulk is not to much to ruin the Stiletto's best virtue which I believe is it's UI which is the same as the standard so I'm good there but it will come down to does the Pro carry as easy as the standard and that is what I will be looking for or I guess I should say what I'm will be feeling for.

After opening package and playing with the Pro outside I realize the YouTube review above in this thread is a really good review and he seems pretty much spot on to how I feel. When I ordered the Pro I honestly did not believe I would be super impressed compared to my standard Stiletto and I had a bit of buyers remorse but because I ordered an extra one for a gift I did not cancel my order, I still almost cancelled them both. As soon as I took the light out of package and felt its high quality and especially after I got it outside with the smile on face I had zero buyers remorse left in me.

Right now it's probably the best light I have and folks I got many but I'm also a huge fan of the Stiletto and my story is just like the YouTube reviewer except I got my first Stilleto because a local business had them basically at half price and I could not walk away but honestly I thought it would just end up being another gimmicky light that would end up on my shelf not getting used but I bought it anyway and I just ended up not being able to leave it behind it was just to easy to carry and had a simple but useful UI anyway that's how I ended up not canceling my order for the Pro after buyers remorse and boy I'm glad I didn't.

And you just wanted to know about the low mode lol sorry I could not help but blab on.

Last edited:

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the 25 lumen low with a more pronounced hotspot will please more users that are not in the enthusiast category, i.e. regular Joes, Mil or LEO who will have little use for a 5 lumen low with 2 day runtime but may find the 25 lumen low on the Pro more useful as an all around general purpose admin/task light with the capacility to go higher at 300 and all out at 1000 lumens with decent runtimes for the higher outputs.

I love the 5 lumen low modes on my CR123 surefires but I can see tgeir point of making low 25 lumens on this one.

LucioRaffaelli

Newly Enlightened
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your impressions and technical analysis.

A true passionate!

That is a great question I was just comparing the low modes outside and no the Pro does not "seem" to be 5x more like 1.5x brighter BUT with a nice hotspot. The regular Stiletto has no hot spot so if you want a nice hotspot on low with slightly brighter spill the Pro is better on low in my opinion.

The Pro specs claim 25lm for 23.5 hours while basic model is 5lm for 30hrs. So for me the slight loss of runtime in low is worth the brighter spill and the nice hotspot. The tint on the Pro is about the same as the standard model, I bought two Stiletto Pro's one for me and another as a gift and being able to turn them on through the package the two had the exact same color tint. I mention this because I generally prefer a pure white tint and when I bought my regular Stileto I bought it in a store and was able to check the tint before I bought it and all I checked had the same yellowish tint except one I finally found one that is slightly on the blue spectrum. As you can see in pic the Pro has the same package but I ordered straight from Surefire and got what I got but I'm actually satisfied with the tint it's great outdoors. I guess if you wait and purchase locally you might find a cooler tint if that is your flavor but it may be like finding a [emoji882].

It looks like the Pro is running the same emitter as the standard model which I think is XM-L and they have a tendacy to be slightly yellow especially on low modes but I would not call it a bad tint I would say it's more on the yellow nuetral than a cool blue. It's not my favorite tint in doors but outside especially on medium and high it's a very nice looking tint. I actually had to smile when I first clicked into high mode because of the fantastic output and the nice tint and I will admit after all these years of buying lights I guess I'm a little tough to impress but seeing a Stiletto light up my front yard so bright and colorful the Pro certainly had me a little giddy.

My opinion the biggest thing to prepare for is the extra weight and diameter of the bezel, the slim lightweight standard Stiletto is really why I've fallen so faithful to the Stiletto as my main EDC light and some of that is missing with the Pro with it's added bulk however I think I can adjust and I really want to because this output is a beast on high especially with the hotspot and like I mentioned the tint is very nice outdoors.

Will see how it goes I just need to carry it for a week or two and hope the added bulk is not to much to ruin the Stiletto's best virtue which I believe is it's UI which is the same as the standard so I'm good there but it will come down to does the Pro carry as easy as the standard and that is what I will be looking for or I guess I should say what I'm will be feeling for.

After opening package and playing with the Pro outside I realize the YouTube review above in this thread is a really good review and he seems pretty much spot on to how I feel. When I ordered the Pro I honestly did not believe I would be super impressed compared to my standard Stiletto and I had a bit of buyers remorse but because I ordered an extra one for a gift I did not cancel my order, I still almost cancelled them both. As soon as I took the light out of package and felt its high quality and especially after I got it outside with the smile on face I had zero buyers remorse left in me.

Right now it's probably the best light I have and folks I got many but I'm also a huge fan of the Stiletto and my story is just like the YouTube reviewer except I got my first Stilleto because a local business had them basically at half price and I could not walk away but honestly I thought it would just end up being another gimmicky light that would end up on my shelf not getting used but I bought it anyway and I just ended up not being able to leave it behind it was just to easy to carry and had a simple but useful UI anyway that's how I ended up not canceling my order for the Pro after buyers remorse and boy I'm glad I didn't.

And you just wanted to know about the low mode lol sorry I could not help but blab on.

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your impressions and technical analysis.A true passionate!

John Frederick

Enlightened
I'm very happy with my Pro so far (I've had it less than 24 hours)...

- carries great clipped in a pocket
- High throws an impressive wall of light while still providing a gradually increasing hot spot
- feels very well built
- strikes me as terrific task light but not necessarily a great tactical light

I'm glad I help off getting the Stiletto and waited for the Pro version... This looks to be a pretty sweet EDC light.

Gadgetman7

Enlightened
My only issue is price. $200 seems a bit much for a light with a non-replaceable battery pack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LTBL777

Newly Enlightened
My only issue is price. $200 seems a bit much for a light with a non-replaceable battery pack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah thats a deal breaker for me.
A battery only has so many charge cycles..
Then I have to send it back? No thanks!

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't want to pay that high of price for Stiletto Pro and/or want longer runtimes have a look at the Olight Baton Pro, I have both and they are similar wall of light and I'm starting to EDC the Baton Pro now as well.

It is a tough choice to choose one or the other to EDC when you have them both they both have their pro's and not many cons, only thing is the short runtime on the Stilleto and it can go quick it is NOT a task light ie..not something you would want to depend on to change a tire while on the side of highway the runtimes are just to short on higher modes however the Baton Pro would be exellent at this.

Enlightened
Got one today. It's a nice light. I like the beam a lot, nice and floody. Looks like an XML2 to me. Slightly cool tint but not bad at all.

Great UI and form factor I think they did a nice job on this one.

No memory on the side switch thank god

Hef

Newly Enlightened
First I have to say I love my Stiletto Pro. When I first saw them online I was skeptical and thought what in the world is this weird looking flashlight?? Then I handled one at my local fun shop and was hooked. These lights are the real deal. Very nice controls, bright, bright & bright. I like the slim design and pocket clip. No probably not the best tactical light but that's not what the I bought it for. I have lights on my carry guns for that. This is definitely my new favorite and I have a bunch of lights. Mostly SF and Streamlight.

Enlightened
I think they hit a home run with this light. I dont like the tint but love everything else about it. I hope they keep this model around, the slim form factor makes it easy to pocket carry.

dan05gt

Newly Enlightened
Agreed -great light. I think the rear switch is much easier to use than on the stiletto.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally came in. All I can say is it was worth the wait. Nice and white - bright and a nice smooth beam. I'll post more at a later date.