Surefire Titan Discontinued?

Qship1996

Enlightened
I have enjoyed using my Titan over the last 5-6 years and went to Surefire's website to purchase another as a gift, it is no longer offered, just the Titan Plus listed. When was this discontinued, and anyone heard of a new version possibly replacing it?

sgt253

Enlightened
I do not have any information for you regarding the production status. Although, I am seeing it on the Surefire website under the "Everyday Carry Collections" tab (bottom of the page). The "buy now" red button is now marked "contact dealer". Clicking on the button will bring one to a location based dealer finder. Best of luck.

GoVegan

Enlightened
Yes it certainly looks like it has been discontinued. The product page has now been removed, and no stock from amazon.com (Seller: Amazon).

Not surprised, as I read about many issues with this light on various sites/reviews. Even after the initial release problem (Eneloops not fitting), even the newer models still had issues with switching modes. Including one of mine, one was fine, but the other only switched modes about 1/5 times correctly, never worked properly from day 1 when it arrived.

To make things worse, Surefire's "NO-HASSLE" warranty sucks. I'm overseas, and I called them but they wouldn't accept an RMA, and instead told me to contact the main dealer in Japan, so I did, but they wouldn't RMA it as I didn't purchase it through them. So I'm stuck with a non-working light.

Totally put me off of the Surefire brand, especially when they clearly lie about their ANSI specs too.

Anyway, I doubt that they'll be replacing the Titan-A, I think it's not really profitable for them, nor it is really their market. They seemed to have realized that when then scrapped their "Surefire Lifestyle" brand a few years ago, even after Andrew Wright tried selling this BS for a couple of years.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Weird, I had one of the early Titans and it worked flawlessly. Guess I got a good one. Just didn't care for the wide greenish beam though.

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
The first titan I had was finnicky out the box and was exchanged, the second one has been great. I really like that little light. It's not perfect but pretty close.

I wish the E1B MV had the same 15 lumen low as the titan, it's just the right amount with the maxvision beam.

GadgetGeek

Newly Enlightened
The first titan I had was finnicky out the box and was exchanged, the second one has been great. I really like that little light. It's not perfect but pretty close.

I wish the E1B MV had the same 15 lumen low as the titan, it's just the right amount with the maxvision beam.
My Titan too was finicky out of the box. It's several years old now and only functions on high. I still like it and it's very useful having it on my keychain.