Surefire U2 Quad Rebel 100 now added

Groundhog66

Banned
First up is just another KL4 "Boxter", but this one is the "extreme" version due to the fact it is running an Acorn driver at 1.517 amps on high. It has an awesome beam as per usual with the KL4's

DSC01930.jpg

DSC01931.jpg

DSC01929.jpg

DSC01933.jpg

Next is one of my ALL-TIME favorite hosts, an Arc First Run. This one also has the LuxK2-TFFC, and is finished off with a McR16 and Flupic. Believe it or not, this outshines the "Boxter extreme". I have never had an Arc this bright, it really is an amazing wall of light in it's own right.

DSC01927.jpg

DSC01928.jpg

Thanks for checking these out, just wanted to share.

Tim

Last edited:

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: My 2 NEW MilkyMods

You know, that Arc mod is a swell idea. You get the flavor of the good old days in the Arc body, with contemporary guts.

I don't own a Milky mod yet, but its inevitable.

885.gif

Groundhog66

Banned

You know, that Arc mod is a swell idea. You get the flavor of the good old days in the Arc body, with contemporary guts.

I don't own a Milky mod yet, but its inevitable.

885.gif

I agree with your sentiments regarding the Arc for modding purposes, I have quite a few and love them all.

ouchmyfinger

Enlightened

Nice new toys! :party:

If that is a First Run, then its a crime to have the bezel covered by the label. I don't know why, but something about the lines of the removable bezel on the first runs make it one of the nicest looking flashlights ever produced. Unmask it!

Gunner12

Flashaholic

Wow, nice lights.

If only I had the money...

P.S. You mean 1.517 amp right? 1.517 mA would be pretty dim.

Last edited:

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast

GH,

Why did you use the K2 instead of a Seoul or Cree? I think I know the reason on the KL4... K2's handle heat and high power loads better right? Why on the Arc?

Groundhog66

Banned

GH,

Why did you use the K2 instead of a Seoul or Cree? I think I know the reason on the KL4... K2's handle heat and high power loads better right? Why on the Arc?

Hey there Goatee:wave:

I had him use the K2 in the Arc because I have had many Seoul modded Arc's, I wanted something different this time around. And to be honest, I really like the tint on the K2 as well. It could also be the reason that this is the brightest Arc I have ever seen, by a far.

I want to do an Arc First Run with a Cree and an aspheric lens next, but I have to find someone to mod it for me since Milky doesn't really do Cree mods.

Last edited:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

GH,

First off, that's K2-TFFC, not the original K2. The former is a HUGE improvement over the latter!

The FLuPIC driver features a burst mode that can reach 1.2A, which goes beyond what a Seoul can handle well, especially in light of the small host.

Also, on both lights, don't forget the Cree necessitates a deeper reflector... and depth is something that neither of these heads provides.

Groundhog66

Banned

Nice new toys! :party:

If that is a First Run, then its a crime to have the bezel covered by the label. I don't know why, but something about the lines of the removable bezel on the first runs make it one of the nicest looking flashlights ever produced. Unmask it!

In an attempt to satisfy the masses, here ya go....

DSC01936.jpg

DSC01935.jpg

DSC01937.jpg

Last edited:

Flashlight Enthusiast

I had him use the K2 in the Arc because I have had many Seoul modded Arc's, I wanted something different this time around. And to be honest, I really like the tint on the K2 as well. It could also be the reason that this is the brightest Arc I have ever seen, by a far.

They look really nice! Both of them. Now, for the first time in awhile I am jealous of both of them.

Is the KL4 a similar beam pattern as the Lux V version or does it have a better throw?

...and it's in black w/an 18650 tube:ohgeez::thumbsup:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

I want to do an Arc First Run with a Cree and an aspheric lens next, but I have to find someone to mod it for me since Milky doesn't really do Cree mods.

Uh... what? :thinking:

Better tell that to bxstylez. I just sent a 4x Cree reflectorless KL3 old-style head to him with Acorn driver and max output of 572 lumens.

It's also news to the various CREEmator owners.

Then there's a certain 27mm Cree head that got sent to some hedgehog fellow or something... some dude who has a barbecue pit in his backyard. :whistle:

Flashlight Enthusiast

Milkyspit!

You owe me a quote on my Maglite mod w/an McR-45, K2-TFFC, 3 or 4 levels of output in a 3 or 4 (preferably a 4) cell mag host... in black no less. :poke::whoopin:

I stand corrected on the emitter nomenclature:twothumbs

You do top notch work... I have been loving my B42XRGT that you sold me!

Groundhog66

Banned

They look really nice! Both of them. Now, for the first time in awhile I am jealous of both of them.

Is the KL4 a similar beam pattern as the Lux V version or does it have a better throw?

...and it's in black w/an 18650 tube:ohgeez::thumbsup:

It has better throw but still a wall of light since the stock reflector is used. It certainly looks to be a keeper in this configuration, feels great in the hand.

Groundhog66

Banned

GH, how's the beam pattern on that Arc with the McR16?

Believe it or not, it is more impressive than the KL4. It is brighter wall of light, and I think the hotspot is bigger as well. Perhaps I can take some of my crappy beamshots tonight if it is requested. If anyone can tell me what settings to change my Cybershot to, I could do better shots I suppose.:candle:

ouchmyfinger

Enlightened

I usually don't quote posts with lots of big pictures, but I don't mind this time. The masses are satisfied :) Damn thats a nice looking flashlight! Excellent pics.

In an attempt to satisfy the masses, here ya go....

DSC01935.jpg

DSC01936.jpg

DSC01937.jpg

Groundhog66

Banned

Uh... what? :thinking:

Better tell that to bxstylez. I just sent a 4x Cree reflectorless KL3 old-style head to him with Acorn driver and max output of 572 lumens.

It's also news to the various CREEmator owners.

Then there's a certain 27mm Cree head that got sent to some hedgehog fellow or something... some dude who has a barbecue pit in his backyard. :whistle:

I am speaking of the Arc in particular, sorry for the way that came out. I asked you to do a Cree in an Arc, are you now saying you are willing ?:twothumbs