surefire z2 led upgrade?

maxfazz

Newly Enlightened
Mostly in Roma, Italy... Sometimes in Texas
More drop in described in this post have multiple outputs, but... how to change that outputs whit a z2 that have just a simple tailcap switch?

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI G525-U00 utilizzando Tapatalk

Ops...I just read this, first of all thanks Norm for merging the threads, second it's true that I'm looking for more power so probably the Malkoff M61 drop in is a great choice, but I'm also curious to know if there are any fairly easy mods that can transform the Z2 in a powerful multimode light.... I love the grip on this thing!
Thanks

prop

Newly Enlightened
I've got the M61 in my Z2. Pretty bright and great for duty carry, but it battery life isn't impressive. I'd estimate about 2 hours of regulated use.

maxfazz

Newly Enlightened
I've got the M61 in my Z2. Pretty bright and great for duty carry, but it battery life isn't impressive. I'd estimate about 2 hours of regulated use.

Nice to know, thanks.
As everyone will notice I'm quite a newbie, any hints one what is needed to mod the Z2 to accept an 18650 or other Lithium powerful batteries?
Regarding a multimode drop in I would imagine that it could be programmed to activate in different modes according to quick consecutive on and offs..... Am I saying wrong?
Thanks.

m4a1usr

Enlightened
A Z2 will accept a 17670 Li-Ion. Using an 18650 (more capacity) requires the body to be bored a tad. If you want a multi mode get a M361. You can change modes with a momentary press on the TC.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oveready's bore batch O is currently closing, but there should still be time to get your Z2 added if that interests you. The cost for you would be $22 plus shipping to them.

You'll be without the light for at least a month, but they do great work. My Oveready bored hosts fit my fattest 18650s, AW 3400s.

Grizz

maxfazz

Newly Enlightened
A Z2 will accept a 17670 Li-Ion. Using an 18650 (more capacity) requires the body to be bored a tad. If you want a multi mode get a M361. You can change modes with a momentary press on the TC.

Thanks! That's great info for the battery! I'll check the M361 too.

Oveready's bore batch O is currently closing, but there should still be time to get your Z2 added if that interests you. The cost for you would be $22 plus shipping to them.

You'll be without the light for at least a month, but they do great work. My Oveready bored hosts fit my fattest 18650s, AW 3400s.

Grizz

Thanks for the info, I'm already very happy with Oveready, I just purchased a couple of items from them and they are very professional.
Having them bore my Z2 for me would be perfect but unfortunately I should ship it from overseas so I guess I'll have to stick with the 17760 hoping I can find them around here.
I'll follow all of your suggestions and get back to let you know what I went with.
Thanks again