Sydney meet run2!

Orbit

Enlightened
i might give you all a special treat.

i'll re configure my lights for max throw, who's bringing a book with size 10font?
bet's for the distance you can still read the words on the page?
wonder what that distance would be with a VSS1?

Photongun

Newly Enlightened
hahaha orbit m'boy you talk the talk so you better bloody well walk the walk!

(your cars lights are somewhat impressive perhaps even 'fully sick-reh'!!)

What else ya got? Bring it On!

*photongun goes and gets a $13000 loan to purchase a megaray for the next Sydney meet*

MWHAHAHAHA

Rob187

Enlightened
Count me in. I'm pretty flexible with the day / date but the first 2 weeks of July are no good for me.

Last edited:

Delvance

Enlightened
No problems Rob187...the meet will be in June anyways.

Judging by the siglines of various members that have responded to this thread...it will be a great night to check out a wide range of lights from little pocket monsters like the Fenix P1 to modded hotwire mags to torch form HIDs like the PL24 and everything in between.

Safe to say everyone will be bringing all/most of their collection ? I'll bring most of what i have like last time.

Protaeus

Enlightened
Definately, everything from an orb raw ns (if it arrives in time) to a Surefire M4 with MN21 LA (if that arrives in time) :D

see ya alll there!

I'll get some pics of the area Im thinking of in Epping soon. If anyone has any other areas, feel free to contribute!

missionaryman

Enlightened
I have increased my collection and am now sporting a whopping 2 lights!!!!!
the ROP 2C is now accompanied by a Tec20 running 2 lion 14500 and a 5 cell Xenon Maglite bulb, it can also (albeit for short periods of time) run the ROP low.
If anyone has a 6 cell maglite xenon bulb in their inventory could you please take it along, I want to see how it will run in this little light?

Photongun

Newly Enlightened
I definately want to see your 2c rop missionary. It not about quantity, rather quality. I'd rather have one good light than 10 poop ones. Like the plasticy, chinese made supermarket grade, incandescents - they're for the birds (excluding pelicans (ha-ha)).

I'm gonna bring all I have, which hopefully by the time the meet arrives, will consist of several new & exciting (not to mention excrutiatingly exorbitant) additions to my collection. These will include a USL, and either a Xevision barn barner or a Maxabeam. If Xevision dont get their act together I'll probably lose patience and buy the Maxabeam instead.

In other news, I'm compelled to share with everyone how impressed I am with my Golston 7w luxeon purchased from Dae's site. The first one I received had rather lacklustre performance and eventually stopped working. It was replaced by Dae and WHOA mumma. It has better colour rendition, a tighter hotspot and a more usefil spill beam than my Pelican 2390. I paid USD$27 for the Golston and USD$100 for the Pelican! I'm probably gonna sell the Pelican now as the lights are very similar except the Golston notably outperforms its more expensive brethren! Very impressive indeed.

Oh yeah, Orbit... Remember me? Here's looking at you buddy!. ahaha Tell me you dont have an operational vss1. And pleaaasse tell me you aint bringing it along to the next meet...

Orbit

Enlightened
Sorry guys can't make it...have to repair the ute. so no funds.

Delvance

Enlightened
Ahh too bad Orbit :(. Next time i guess huh.

I'm here Photongun...I toasted all the bulbs i have on hand for my RS623, so now waiting for another order of 'em (got 5 from lamps.com.au). In other news, bought a SF A2 with modded 40K LEDs sanded for a smooth beam...can't wait for it! And a replacement MB3W just got mailed in HK to me (30 brightness levels 3watt pocket light), people that were at the first sydney meet might remember it - it was the small light that ramped up and down in brightness and had a strobe and SOS mode. That's all from me for now lights wise :p

Pics of the park would be awesome Protaeus! I don't really have anywhere in mind, but if i had to put a suggestion in...it'd be Carrs Park again. Nice and dark with huge lengths. The gazebos were handy too. Problem is, it seems to be quite a faraways for most of you.

Btw, any chance there's a gazebo at the park you're thinking of Protaeus ? I'll be bringing my laptop and camera+tripod, also the lightbox apparatus+lux meter so if there are tables around, that would be really handy. I'm hoping for a roof above where the tables would be too so we could use ceiling bounce to see all the toys there and operate some of the equipment... The Amondotech Illiuminator HID should do great for that i reckon, it's equipped with a propup stand thingy, plenty bright, 4200K colour and goes for 90 minutes.

Last edited:

Protaeus

Enlightened
Hey guys, I havent had time to go out and get some pics, but I may do tomorrow.

From what I can remember there is a gazebo there or at least a table. Not too sure, havent been there for a couple of years.

I'll take some pics and get em up tomorrow.

BTW, my MN21 LA arrived today so happy days :) I can make paper smoke :)

Yes yes, I know you can make paper burn Delvance....!!!! :rock:

missionaryman

Enlightened
there's a park in Guildford where I used to live that had a huge just no mans land attached to it in between 2 factories and a creek ran through it. It was fairly large and had, wait for it, NIL ILLUMINATION or LIGHT POLLUTION...
I used to go hunting for rabbits and foxes with my jack russells and whippets (one of the reasons I got into torches before mission trips came along). It's a great park and it runs between the Cumberland highway and Fairfield road but I haven't been there for about 4 years and there is a bit of development nearby. I'll check the place out and I'll also do a bit of google earthing see what I come up with.
Guildford is the geographical centre of Sydney so it should be fairly ok for people to get to from all directions.

missionaryman

Enlightened
ok so here's a picture from google earth, the heavy white marks at either end are Fairfiled road on the left and Cumberland highway on the right, the white outlines are the hockey field and football feilds, the red dots are places I have found red belly black snakes (summer only), the blue dote are places I cought rabbits...

there has been a bike path put in since I last visited but there are vast expanses of undeveloped and un illuminated park, one poit in particular is about 4m wide and 300m long, trees on one side and a fence on the other which makes a great place for throw testing.

park-in-guildford.jpg

it is a rather uninviting place though with no tables or chairs or gazebos or anything like that unless you go to the fields and only if they are not in use that night.

Haz

Enlightened
I quite like the venue we went last time at Carss Park, large field, and shelter. If it's a vote i choose that one.