Sysmax/Nitecore/Jetbeam i4 Intellicharger Review (V2): current/voltage comparisons

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
Re: Sysmax/Nitecore i4 Intellicharger Review (V2): current/voltage comparisons

I am not sure what you are saying. D- cells are too large to fit into the charger. That is the only problem with D cells. How do you propose to solve that by using an adapter?
Adapters exist that allow one to place a D-cell inside an external bay which connects to a sort of dummy AA battery exactly for this purpose. A Google search for d-cell maha should show some examples.
I expect no problems with charging high quality D-cells in this charger, although some chargers do have a timer cut out when charging takes too long. I doubt that's the case here, since C-cells can also be charged.

Last edited:

topcho

Newly Enlightened

It shouldn't be a problem then. The charger doesn't have a timer cutout.

RCTPAVUK

Newly Enlightened
Just repaired my I4 v2.
The thing was it wouldn't charge 3rd channel. Blinks for a few, and says it's full, then turns off all leds on 3rd line.
Opened, and re-soldered all 4 springs, - works fine now.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice job fixing that!

Eneloops

Newly Enlightened
I expect to publish my review in the coming weekend.

To see the physical difference between V1 and V2 charger, check these comparison.

Thank you for that. I had the same question as cactus man and those pictures helped enormously. Just wanted to show my appreciation for your hard work.