Tactical Flood for Night Walk & Watch ?

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because hard users have pairs

461CE251-8000-4457-BCF5-F8754A7B89EC.jpeg

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love my new Streamlight Stinger 2020 and now would like to try a flood for walks and looking around the house outdoors at night .

NItecore P20iX ?

I'm unfamiliar with 21700, Nitecore, and multi-emitter lights, but......

I did check out the info on that light above, and it's a very interesting design. Based on your posts / criteria and what I read about that light, it sounds like it might be right in line with most / all your criteria and what it seems you're probably looking for, at least on paper. I can't think of anything off-hand that seems like a better 'fit' all-around, so I'd say give it a try! I also don't recall reading any subjective comments about it, so if you do, after you've used it a bit, tell us what you think about it!

EDIT: I did notice this in the user manual, which may or may not be of concern to you:

"The P20iX is NOT compatible with conventional 21700/18650 batteries"

Last edited:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Lose the whole 'tactical' thing.

A P60 light & a triple drop-in will work great for you,,

...sorry my post wasn't 5000 words long

Last edited:

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
NItecore calls their P20iX a tactical floodlight

There's nothing flood about that light.
Sure, the light has spill, but it's far from a flood.
4,000 lumens means each of those 3.5x3.5m XP-L LEDs is putting out 1,000 lumens. That light won't last long before the LEDs quit.

I wouldn't spend $120 on it. Not when you can spend $50 on something better suited for your needs.

Either have someone build you exactly what you want for $50, or buy a Malkoff MD2 and get an American made tank that'll last you forever.

kimo_james

Newly Enlightened
I'm unfamiliar with 21700, Nitecore, and multi-emitter lights, but......

I did check out the info on that light above, and it's a very interesting design. Based on your posts / criteria and what I read about that light, it sounds like it might be right in line with most / all your criteria and what it seems you're probably looking for, at least on paper. I can't think of anything off-hand that seems like a better 'fit' all-around, so I'd say give it a try! I also don't recall reading any subjective comments about it, so if you do, after you've used it a bit, tell us what you think about it!

EDIT: I did notice this in the user manual, which may or may not be of concern to you:

"The P20iX is NOT compatible with conventional 21700/18650 batteries"
yes , not compatible is a concern .

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes , not compatible is a concern .

Could be incompatible with respect to internal charging, or use, or both. I have at least one of each and have never lost any sleep over it, but I know some consider it a show stopper. If it matters which of the above it is, you might need to read more closely than I did to determine that, or shoot a question to their CS people, or post one in their CPF sub-forum.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could be incompatible with respect to internal charging, or use, or both. I have at least one of each and have never lost any sleep over it, but I know some consider it a show stopper. If it matters which of the above it is, you might need to read more closely than I did to determine that, or shoot a question to their CS people, or post one in their CPF sub-forum.
The battery has the positive and negative terminals on same side. So a traditional battery will not work in this flashlight.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a low powered flood light I built for my kid. Just so happens to be pocketable and has a screwed on clip.

3487A882-BB82-480E-81B9-47FE50EB80C2.jpeg

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
The battery has the positive and negative terminals on same side. So a traditional battery will not work in this flashlight.
Just FYI: My 2 ASP Guardian (aka GARDA) CR-DFs also use a custom (16340) cell with both polarity terminations on one end (in addition to 'standard' negative termination) which allows in-light charging w/the supplied 'custom' cells, while also accepting and running fine on industry-standard 16340 and CR123A cells, but without in-light charging. As I said, there's more than one type on the market and I have at least one of each.

Last edited: