• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Tana eMt1 module for Surefire M1 IR Illuminator

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
tana, can you tell me more about the MumboJumbo driver? i'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on an XP-E2 version

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Tana,

If you would be ever so kind to make one more of these i would be grateful my friend.. $78 eMt1 Nichia 219B 2.8-6V 1.4Amps Custom Modes (Best Neutral White and Color Rendition).

I will be talking with auto soon to take him up on his offer.

Thank you and i hope you are doing well. :thumbsup:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Tana,

If you would be ever so kind to make one more of these i would be grateful my friend.. $78 eMt1 Nichia 219B 2.8-6V 1.4Amps Custom Modes (Best Neutral White and Color Rendition).

I will be talking with auto soon to take him up on his offer.

Thank you and i hope you are doing well. :thumbsup:

No problem... PM for details (well... I only need modes setup... I'm guessing you'll be OK with my favorite - Low/High and no memory)...

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
No problem... PM for details (well... I only need modes setup... I'm guessing you'll be OK with my favorite - Low/High and no memory)...

Yeah sure, those modes sound interesting.
Auto will pm you with the logistics of this order.
I will be taking it apart for you and sending the measurements. cheers.

autogiro

Enlightened
Yeah sure, those modes sound interesting.
Auto will pm you with the logistics of this order.
I will be taking it apart for you and sending the measurements. cheers.

I got it apart and have sent Tana the measurements. I'm going to try and get the M1 in the mail this weekend.
Auto

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll cut all modules to outer dimension of 19.20mm from now on, it will be a great fit for both older version and newer version of M1's... even if it fits OK, I'll add a strip of copper tape so you can try to add a piece around (probably not complete wrap) - it doesn't have much adhesive on it and it's VERY thin - it will help module get snug inside - better for heat transfer...

hron61, autogiro, I'm going to cut your modules in next few days but I'm still waiting on 2nd package of reflectors - few samples I had are gone and the first package with 1st batch of these reflectors mistakenly had some other item (not even sure what it is, yellow plastic thingy instead of aluminum reflector) so have to wait for a few days until 2nd package arrives that had more of eMt1 reflectors... I'm sure it will be here by Thu/Fri... as soon as they are in, I'll send you guys the pp info...

Just let me know your final modes selection over PM...

autogiro

Enlightened
Ok,
First… This module is too nice to put into the M1. Excellent craftsmanship and well thought out!
Second… Almost as simple to install as a P60.
Third… The beam shape is as smooth as any light I currently own. Not a thrower for sure but smooth an creamy.
Fourth… Incredible output for this form factor. I normally opt for a single level light but I'm glad I went with two levels. The low level I chose will be very useable for me.
Fifth… I think I prefer this M1 over my EB2 TNT triple combo. Better hot spot combined with a wider flood. Easier to handle than either the E2E or E1E and only slightly larger.
This is one of the best bang for the buck upgrades I've ever bought for a light!
Tana, You have outdone yourself! Thanks again for building these!
Auto

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just arrived Tana! Thank you. Looks superior like all of your work! Can't wait to break down my light and get it installed. My head seems to be glued. Gotta torch her a tad. I will work on that this weekend. Thank you again Tana!!

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow I went away for awhile and you have these sweet M1 mod up :)

My questions:

1) M1 is not easy to open up, can you do the work if I send you some M1s?

2) Do you have a replacement lens? For some reasons mine just hazed up

3) which emitter will give out the best beam -- moderate throw + moderate spread?

4) Will these fit the M1's predecessor, the 3DL?

Thanks...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks everybody... I'm glad those "forgotten" M1's are being pulled out of dusty drawers and used as cool EDCs now... :)

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow I went away for awhile and you have these sweet M1 mod up :)

My questions:

1) M1 is not easy to open up, can you do the work if I send you some M1s?

2) Do you have a replacement lens? For some reasons mine just hazed up

3) which emitter will give out the best beam -- moderate throw + moderate spread?

4) Will these fit the M1's predecessor, the 3DL?

Thanks...

Well, the whole point of module is to avoid the light being shipped back and forth over the ocean... Opening M1's is as hard as getting two Alltrade strapwrenches (from Amazon $15) and heating it before opening (before I used pro-heat-gun but lately I use my wife's 2000W hairdryer with concentrating ending - works like a charm, lol)... but if really necessery, then yeah, you can ship the M1 (without tailcap) my way and I can crack it open... it will add some cost to the total price as expected...

No removing lens here - they are press fit... member PCC if I recall had some different plastic lens cut from different thicknesses to custom sizes so I guess he'd be a good source for proper press fit lenses...

LED choice - depends if you like quality or quantity... if it's quality, then Nichia 219B is the best (my favorite), if max output is wanted, then XPG2 (neutral white or cool white)...

Not sure about 3DL, never had one in hand, to be honest...

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tana, Ok, Got my M1 apart with a little heat and some heavy duty wrist action! It came loose surprisingly easy.

The longest and most difficult part of the mod for me was cleaning the vintage graphite looking thread lock off. That stuff was stuck, caked and funked on. I used some old dental tools I picked up from my dentist. If you ask them, chances are they have some old ones laying around that they can give you. I have one with a tiny pick at the end. Works great cleaning threads.

I used a old tooth brush and some frog lube. Now the threads are smooth as butter.

The drop in fits Tana well! Flawless design and execution. I choose the Nichia and man am I happy with that. It produces a nice buttery smooth beam with no rings or artifacts. I am running it at 4.2 volts on a RCR. Runs very well. Only thing I noticed was that Tana included what looks like a copper foil tape. My drop in is snug as a bug in a rug. Was I supposed to use that too for maximum contact & heat dispersion? Or was it just a bonus to use on one of my P60s??

So thanks Tana, I couldn't be more happier with the drop in.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok,
First… This module is too nice to put into the M1. Excellent craftsmanship and well thought out!
Second… Almost as simple to install as a P60.
Third… The beam shape is as smooth as any light I currently own. Not a thrower for sure but smooth an creamy.
Fourth… Incredible output for this form factor. I normally opt for a single level light but I'm glad I went with two levels. The low level I chose will be very useable for me.
Fifth… I think I prefer this M1 over my EB2 TNT triple combo. Better hot spot combined with a wider flood. Easier to handle than either the E2E or E1E and only slightly larger.
This is one of the best bang for the buck upgrades I've ever bought for a light!
Tana, You have outdone yourself! Thanks again for building these!
Auto

that's outstanding!

hakyru

Newly Enlightened
Just today my M1 was delivered and then I started the work immediately

Unscrew the head of the M1 was not very complicated, I followed the instructions of Tarik
I warmed the bezel with a hair dryer and with the help of two sheets of thick rubber and the strength of my hands I have managed to unscrew the head

Then after removing the IR module was enough to insert the new module eMt1
I chose the version Nichia 219b MumboJumbo (fully programmable)

A real show, dear Tarik ,your dropin is a true work of art
Now I am very happy with the result

Thanks Tarik and Thanks to Everyone for looking

drillbitz11

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dobro jutro Tarik, (Im pretty sure its still morning in your part of the world). I was wondering if I did send you my M1 would you be able to remove most of the lip in front of the reflector. obviously this would block less light but would it improve the beam profile? I'm pretty sure I want one of your modules but I'm not sure about that lip and how it will affect the beam. Hvala.