Tank007 AA Battery CREE LED 5 Mode Flashlight TK566-5

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see this light on ebay, and it looks like a good one for the money. However, I know you can't tell a flashlight by its cover in a photo. I have seen very little regarding Tank lights. What are the thoughts on this and that brand lights?
Thanks,
Jerry

ragweed

Enlightened
On another forum the Tank lights get fairly good reviews. Be prepared for the occasional DOA though. Its budget light forum.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, ragweed. I am not seriously thinking of getting one, but if the reviews here were good I might do it. It seems that there is not a lot of personal experience here regarding that light.
Regards,
Jerry

ragweed

Enlightened
I don't have any Tank but, the Tank 007 E09 is getting fairly good reviews. That is not including the DOA ones.

scott2907

Newly Enlightened
I've bought several tanks for my friends at work and all of them are still going strong. Out of all the budget lights I have bought these have been the most reliable and some of the better built.

Sent from my MT15i using Tapatalk

Ragnar66

Enlightened
I have the[h=2]Tank 007 Cree 7090 XRE Q5 LED[/h] and it is one of my favorites. Very well built. Excellent light and would recommend it to anyone. Feels like a roll of quarters in hand, no rattles, super smooth operation.

Last edited:

wisconsinray

Newly Enlightened
I have a Tank 007 TK-566 1 mode that is often my every day carry with a 3.7 Volt 14500 battery in it. Nice and bright, compact, well made, strong throw, nice spill. I also have the TK-566 5 mode, and I got the extension so I can run it on two AA batteries.(I havent tried this with the 3.7 Volt battery) I gave these out, with the extenders, to the guys in my family for Christmas. It's nice to be able to run this with standard AA batteries. I also have the TK-360 using a CR123 battery. My Tank 007 lights are well made, smooth, with a nice beam, no rings, good throw, and reliable. I would recommend Tank lights to anyone.