Tankless water heater

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
We don't wait around for hot water. We are busy doing other things. In addition, the tankless is not running for 12-14 hours a day if on a schedule you show above.

There are easy solutions to getting fast hot water, such as the recirculating pump, but also a "home run" pipe to farthest away faucet, and a crossover valve.

Our master bedroom/shower is about 125 feet from the Tankless water heater which was installed on far side because that's where the gas & electric lines come in.

With these installed devices, we have scalding hot water in about 20 seconds. I set the temp to 135°F since we don't have children.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my current setup, I would like to install two 240V small on demand heaters. One under kitchen sink supplying sink and Bathrooms within 30 feet, and a second one under Master bath sink for shower, sink, and 30' away laundry room.
As of now using the original electric water heater, I do fill water jugs with water for other uses while getting hot water.
130 foot away master bath takes ~3/4 gallon of water to get hot, while the closer kitchen takes about 1/3 gallon to get hot water.
My thoughts are if it's electrically possible with the current electric service in the home, it may save me close to $60/Month off electric bill versus heating water that just sits there in the tank waiting to be used, 24hrs a day.
And no, I do not want to install a timer on the hot water heater, as it may not make sense, as we use hot water at all hours of the day and night. It would not give the savings of an on demand water heater(s) would provide. I have an old thick walled tank water heater that was made before the current regulations of the "thinner" walled tanks of the current produced ones that were regulated >15 years ago, to save resources $$$ required to heat the water in the water heater's tank. This is why they now install a catch basin under new water heaters. They mostly do not leak, they typically will fail catastrophically, bursting and not just dripping and leaking.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
In my current setup, I would like to install two 240V small on demand heaters. One under kitchen sink supplying sink and Bathrooms within 30 feet, and a second one under Master bath sink for shower, sink, and 30' away laundry room.
As of now using the original electric water heater, I do fill water jugs with water for other uses while getting hot water.
130 foot away master bath takes ~3/4 gallon of water to get hot, while the closer kitchen takes about 1/3 gallon to get hot water.
My thoughts are if it's electrically possible with the current electric service in the home, it may save me close to $60/Month off electric bill versus heating water that just sits there in the tank waiting to be used, 24hrs a day.
And no, I do not want to install a timer on the hot water heater, as it may not make sense, as we use hot water at all hours of the day and night. It would not give the savings of an on demand water heater(s) would provide. I have an old thick walled tank water heater that was made before the current regulations of the "thinner" walled tanks of the current produced ones that were regulated >15 years ago, to save resources $$$ required to heat the water in the water heater's tank. This is why they now install a catch basin under new water heaters. They mostly do not leak, they typically will fail catastrophically, bursting and not just dripping and leaking.

Yeah, I had two hot water heaters fail catastrophically in the basement which was 100% resolved with the tankless natural gas fired very efficient hot water which also replaced the home heating gas furnace (had cast iron hot water circulator motors driven old house setup).

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
In CT, Navien...don't remember the model. The installers have to match model to your demands. We needed a higher output model due to using for sink water as well as home hot water radiator heating.

Here in Mississippi it's a Noritz Model NRC1111, and only used for faucet hot water.