Tattoos on opposite sex

Do you like tattoos on members of the opposite sex?

• Yes

Votes: 88 24.2%
  • No

Votes: 216 59.5%
  • Do not care one way or the other

Votes: 59 16.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I don't care for them on either sex. Ditto for piercings. In fact, I barely tolerate a little makeup on the opposite sex. IMHO either you look good on your own or your don't. Adornments may sometimes enhance what you have slightly, but more often than not they don't make any difference.

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not big on tattoos. I don't mind if it's a small one that has some significance, but I can definitely do without the trendy ones (like a butterfly on the small of the back) that so many girls seem to get these days. At least be original.

jtice

Flashaholic
I have one tattoo, and would like some others.
but lack of $$$, and time to create another has stopped me.

I dont mind them on females, as long as they are just some odd ball thing, stuck some odd ball place.
Like a tiger on their butt or something.

I have seen a few "tramp stamps" that I dont mind, but some do get alittle large and gody.

heh, best one I ever saw, was on the top of a girls butt, read,
"Your Name Here" :devil:

Not that I would want that on My Gal :p

~John

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Clearly the trend from CPF'ers is a big No for woman and tats. If our % reflects the general population it's a wonder so many gals have them. On the other hand maybe woman with tats is a small % but they stand out so much it makes them more noticeable.

I have several woman friends and co-workers that have them but I don't care for them at all. Only myself and one other guy of 30+ Officers in my squadron didn't get a squadron crest tattoo after the 1991 gulf war. If they had offered one that lasted 1-3 years I would have done it. I find myself offering unsolicited council to my daughter's friends not to do it. Permanent can be a long time.

Ras_Thavas

Enlightened
I'm not a big fan of tattoos. My wife has 2, I'm not really thrilled with them but I don't give her any grief over them either.

Greta

Flashaholic
I've noticed that alot of you guys are saying that you don't really mind them on women if they are "small", "in inconspicuous places", "original", "have meaning", etc....

As a woman with many tattoos, I couldn't agree more... oddly enough. I think it's absolutely unattractive for women to have tats on their upper arms. Tribal armbands on either sex is extremely UNoriginal to me. Tats on women's chests? Only if they are small and can be hidden in an evening gown if desired. And seeing as how we're being honest here, skulls and flames and mechanical parts ripping out of flesh... along with nautical stars and satanical beings... complete turn-off... on either sex.

Yes, tats should definately have meaning. "Flash" off the walls of a tat studio... decided on at the very last minute after walking into the studio and saying, "I want a tat"... never a good idea.

There is only one other person in the world who has and will ever have the same tat as I do... my daughter. She and I have 3 matching ones... and they are all original creations of ours... and have very deep meaning... for both of us. Most of my other ones have been drawn by my husband. And then there's the one that has a very close tie to CPF.... ;)

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sasha said:
Yes, tats should definately have meaning. "Flash" off the walls of a tat studio... decided on at the very last minute after walking into the studio and saying, "I want a tat"... never a good idea.

I know this first hand. I have a stupid "No Fear" tattoo on my arm that I got back when it was "cool".

A friend had an appointment for a tattoo, but the artist didn't want to give him a new one because it looked like another one he had was infected or was having a reaction. I took his appointment instead and picked something stupid off the wall.

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm the... Grandson of a FL state trooper, Son of a NY state trooper, and spent time in law enforcement myself. My entire personality is trained to -avoid- punching any additional holes in my body (or having any punched in it by someone else).

That attitude sort of spills over towards others as well and I will simply never understand why people want to do that to themselves (tats, body piercings, the whole bit).

Now I'm not putting anyone down for making that choice, I'm just being honest that I'll never understand it (any more than I understand speedo suits or those super baggy pants kids liked to wear a while back).

The irony... I knew a girl with a small rose tattoo on her shoulder and I LOVED to kiss that rose! <sigh> Oh, where was I ??? :naughty:

Chris201W

Enlightened
I find it sort of hard to vote in this poll. In general, I don't like tatoos on females, but there are certainly exceptions. Depending on the specific person, location, and tatoo, I can definitely find a tatoo attractive. I'm not a fan of huge tatoos, but small, tastefully placed ones I don't mind.

Illum

Flashaholic
Sasha, Im sure your beautiful in your way...:grin2:
beauty is not skin deep, do I prefer? no, but I dont regard the tattoo as much as the person I regard to.:rock:

AnimalHousePA

Enlightened
Unfortunately, I have a few tattoos that I got when I was young that I now regret. I wish I had waited until I was 30 to start getting inked. :) I already have one of them covered up and I plan getting a few more covered up with something else, not removed! At least these tattoos will be pretty easy to cover up...

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't like the butt crack tattoos on a girl, I refer to them as "targets". They make a girl looks slutty for some reason.
That being said, I vote not caring either way. I have 7 tattoos right now, one taking up my lower back, but all are covered with a t-shirt and no ones knows I have them until I show them. I like to keep them that way. It's funny when a coworkers or a new friend see them for the first time and doesn't know you have any!
My 1st girl and I got matching tattoos.
Please, don't do this with your girl/boyfriends!
Especially your 1st.:ohgeez::ohgeez::ohgeez:
I still like the tattoo, but you know where she got her's placed by now, riiiight?

My current chicky has one small colorful tattoo of stars and swirlies on her shoulder, and I like it. I don't think she needs any more, but she always says she'd like another. Hey, now I have a reason to be glad she's always broke!

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
On girls it's a total turn off for me. Reasons: looks trashy, pointless designs, in bad places, done to fit in and look like every one else.

It used to be people would get tatoos to be different than others and it would have meaning. Now I see girls with the "tramp stamp" above thier butt crack and every other girl out there has the same tribal design in the same spot. I totally hate that. I can tolerate a small thing on the ankle, etc but to have this huge pointless meaningless tatoo (meaningless to them too) is just gross. Tatoos to me also seem like a macho thing and pretty girls don't need big tribal tatoos!! Or tattos on their breasts of squares/other dumb things and barb wire around their arm!!

The most disgusting place for a tatoo on a girl after the "tramp stamp" I think is the lower stomach.

To me a girls body is beautiful enough and I wan't to see that, and nothing more. I don't want to be distracted by a design or whatever, I just want to see her smooth beautiful skin and curves.

^^ That's my feelings. Tatoos on guys don't bother me unless they are offensive and in some place like neck/forehead. By doesn't bother me I mean it doesn't look bad to me or out of place.

lessing

Newly Enlightened
I've got one on my right upper arm and my wfe has one on her lower back. I don't mind tats until they start taking up large % of the body, becuase most people just have a jumble that starts looking like a bad comic book. It can be done very tastfully though. I work in concert touring, and not having tats makes you the exception. 2 guys I worked with got "to get drunk and vomit" in chinese on thier necks. They both have about 40-50% coverage anyway.

As long as its not flash and not something you do when your drunk I see no problem with them.

Cliffnopus

Enlightened
Another vote for no tat's.......on either sex.

I never had much of an opinion about them until I got a job in my youth caring for elderly folks. A few of them had tats, including one woman, at her age, she must have been a real trendsetter. Anyway, none of these tats had the slightest resemblance to anything. They were dull, faded, smeary looking things - and in a couple of cases the folks that had them could not remember what they started out as.

Bottom line, I swore I'd never get anything that would turn that ratty after 3 or 4 decades. I think if more folks saw what the eventual condition of their tats would be at an advanced age, many of these parlors would go out of business. In observing, over the years, I have never seen a tatoo on anyone over 65 that looked good.

Cliff

Status
Not open for further replies.