Tell Us What Do You Use Your HeadLamp For?

joanne

Newly Enlightened
I've used my Surefire Saint to mow the lawn after dark. Sometimes you just run out of day before you run out of work.

Problem for me is that I run out of motivation and energy before I ever run out of daylight or work... :rolleyes:

Joanne

STiFTW

Newly Enlightened
Cross Country Skiing (my Wife and I go after work when there is enough snow, so it is totally dark. A loop takes us 2 hours or so) 2x Fenix HP20 ... I need to see if I can mod these to to use 18650s.

Biking at night, use the BT20 with helmet mounted HP20s.

Car work ... OMG, I get more use here than anything else. Fenix HP20, and HL30. Wish the HL30 had better runtime.

My wife just used the HL10 to read the directions for a 125 mile bike race at night (primary lighting was the BT20, the HL10 was for close up reading).

Last edited:

mikesurfs

Newly Enlightened
X2 for camping. I'm always using mine at night when setting up camp or cooking.

M.

markr6

Flashaholic
I'll be using my H600w often this weekend for kayaking and backpacking. I'm starting Thursday night, kayaking in the dark. I like to leave at least some light burning while on the water. I'll also take my EA4 for signaling if necessary, and searching for a nice place to camp from the water.

My headlamp will get a lot of use for setting up camp in the dark, cooking, getting ready for sleep, etc.

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few watches where I like to change straps. The screws are tiny, so a headlight and reading glasses work great for close up small work.

Doing anything in our shed ( no light), especially in the fall/winter.
Putting up christmas lights.
Clipping the cats claws.
Other things as mentioned above too.

Stanley_BA

Newly Enlightened
Besides the usual things like hiking, camping, mountainbiking and house works, I use my headlamp for searching and picking mushrooms.

It has the advantage that at night, I´m in the forest alone and have my peace :)

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Wonderful photos of the storm drain.

I used mine to service and lubricate all the latches on my aluminum Haliburton luggage, briefcase, and flight/equipment cases. Made it so easy because you have to see a little way into the latches which are kind of complex in the way they are made.

Keep these posts coming , I really like to see what others Are doing!

And, thanks to everyone who posted their uses. I know there are many uses yet to come.

All the best,

NR

krazy

Newly Enlightened
I prefer using them for working on cars: places with dark nooks and crannies, where you want to see clearly.

markr6

Flashaholic
I was just out kayak camping for a 3-day weekend. It was my first time and had a blast! I took my H600w and used it often. I also had my EA4 and SC52w but hardly took them out of my bag. The EA4 was necessary kayaking in the dark the first night to find a camp site, but that's about it. A good headlamp is hard to beat! My H51w probably would have been a little weak for this trip. I used some of the H600w high settings a lot.

kodiakk

Newly Enlightened
Heading in and out of the woods while hunting and chores around camp. I've also used them to work on my car at night.

lightcrazed

Newly Enlightened
Working on houses, biking, working on old car, lighting up poop. Spark SX5 with a 26650 rechargeable. 10 hours at 180 lumens. It's da Bomb-

ven

Flashaholic
I use mine

when working under this

Gone are the days of holding a torch in my teeth:laughing:

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
New poster, long time lurker.

I drive a tow truck, and use a lot of my lights everyday.
On night shifts I am using a BD Storm with a preon 2 and a QPA2 as a back up.
At home I'm using a LD12 for sneaking around house late at night, in my yard an E25 for things that need to be lighted at a small distance.

Anyhow nice to meet you all, enjoying the brotherhood.

Mike

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Whitecaps

Newly Enlightened
I do long distance canoe races, 300 - 1200 miles. These are timed events and require you to do a lot of night time running in various conditions. In open water I prefer a brighter or cooler light as I want reflection. In the inland portions or river running I prefer a warmer and more of flood. Hey I learnt all these terms from lurking on this forum. Always knew what I wanted in lights just did not know how to express the terms. Thanks guys. Now can someone tell me how to make paragraphs?

markr6

Flashaholic
I do long distance canoe races, 300 - 1200 miles. These are timed events and require you to do a lot of night time running in various conditions. In open water I prefer a brighter or cooler light as I want reflection. In the inland portions or river running I prefer a warmer and more of flood. Hey I learnt all these terms from lurking on this forum. Always knew what I wanted in lights just did not know how to express the terms. Thanks guys. Now can someone tell me how to make paragraphs?

Damn that sounds like fun, especially at night!! I would really like to try that someday.

jonathanluu2

Newly Enlightened
Light related purposes:
  • Misc. house related chores as stated above.
  • Mowing with a push mower at night.
  • Cooking in our dim kitchen.
  • Night riding in the woods.

Non-light related utility:
  • Anodizing on my Armytek Wizard was substantial enough to file a burr off of a piece of stainless steel I was working with. Kinda cool.
  • As a hand warmer. Some might say its a waste of light and energy; I like warm hands and the turbo is plenty hot.

Fun thread, thanks OP.

J.